New [to me] LX450 with one mystery to solve... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
I just brought home a new toy and have been going over it for the last 48 hours.
I’ve ordered the LX450 two part repair manuals and EWD at not inconsiderable cost but they won’t be here for another week.
In the meantime, I’ve found this hose that isn’t connected to anything and I was wondering if anyone can help me ID what it is and to where/what it should be connected? It runs close to the windshield wiper hose but those are working fine so I know it’s not for the washer system. It’s connected on one end to something that kind of looks like a VSV or some sort of solenoid.
Thoughts?

291550D3-1479-480B-8F93-2D3C58B45BC9.jpeg

5D23BEF4-F946-4197-9AC5-E544D08BD4C0.jpeg

Actually routes over the heater valve. Look for the other end. I’m too lazy to follow it on mine.

That round thingy with the hoses going to and coming from it is the washer diverter valve that diverts fluid to the rear hatch wiper/washer when that is needed. Do your windshield washers work, front and rear or only front? If only the front then ?? maybe someone bypassed that valve that's known to go bad often causing fluid to go to the rear washer at the same time you're using the front washer.

I’ve ordered the LX450 two part repair manuals and EWD at not inconsiderable cost but they won’t be here for another week.
LX450 FSM and EWD are available for download in the resources section, along with a bunch of other resources...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom