New to me LX 570 and couple questione (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I just signed the papers on a new to me 2015 LX 570 that I'll be bringing home tomorrow.

I've wanted a 200 series for a while now, and since in their infinite wisdom Toyota decided that they wouldn't sell Land Cruisers in Canada after '97 (because who here in my vast, wilderness covered country would ever want a rugged dependable SUV right?), that ment i was eyeballing LX 570s. Not many pop up for sale here, and the ones that do are usually that discouraging combination of high miles, rusty and top dollar. My search dragged on...

Fast forward to last week, I got a phone call from an old friend of mine, who's been promoted to sales manager at our Lexus dealership. "Hey Canadawest, you still looking for an LX? We just got a great one traded in"

"Sure", I say, "Watcha got?"

"2015 570, Starfire white on black interior, and, get this, only 16,000 kilometers (~10,000 miles) on the clock! ... Hey, are you still there?" Apparently there was dead air on the phone as I dropped it in the mad scramble to dig my credit card out to put a deposit on it...

The exact color combination, year ( I wanted a 13-15), and ridiculously low mileage. Sold. Put my deposit down on it and went to check it out. The truck was mint. How mint? It still had the factory plastic wrapping on the rear seat entertainment screens. I may very well have been the first person to ever be in that back seat. It was brought in every year on the dot for its servicing to Lexus like clockwork. The only holdup is the outstanding fuel pump recall. A dealership can't legally sell a vehicle with an outstanding recall up here. It'll be done tomorrow and then its coming home.

For those of you who stuck around this long thanks, and maybe you can answer a few questiond:

Wheels and tires are first up. Its gonna be my family misadventure machine, so I want to go to 18" wheels and 275/70R18 tires, probably General Grabber ATXs. I've been eyeballing a set of KMC Mesa rims that are 18x9, +25 offset. Searching here says anything from "they'll fit with some minor trim adjustments " to "They'll rub like a sumbitch on everything!". Help? Also looking at a set of TRD Pro 18" wheels (the black version of the bronze Heritage edition wheels) with a +60 offset that should fit with no issues.

Id like to replace the side steps with LC rocker trim pretty wuick, with sliders down the road. Dince the rocket trim all seems to come prepainted ,did toyota have a white that matches Starfire white?

Thanks and good to be here!

Great find. I hope you included a few brews for your friend in the deal. That's the kind of friends to keep around.

Hey there folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I just signed the papers on a new to me 2015 LX 570 that I'll be bringing home tomorrow.

I've wanted a 200 series for a while now, and since in their infinite wisdom Toyota decided that they wouldn't sell Land Cruisers in Canada after '97 (because who here in my vast, wilderness covered country would ever want a rugged dependable SUV right?), that ment i was eyeballing LX 570s. Not many pop up for sale here, and the ones that do are usually that discouraging combination of high miles, rusty and top dollar. My search dragged on...

Fast forward to last week, I got a phone call from an old friend of mine, who's been promoted to sales manager at our Lexus dealership. "Hey Canadawest, you still looking for an LX? We just got a great one traded in"

"Sure", I say, "Watcha got?"

"2015 570, Starfire white on black interior, and, get this, only 16,000 kilometers (~10,000 miles) on the clock! ... Hey, are you still there?" Apparently there was dead air on the phone as I dropped it in the mad scramble to dig my credit card out to put a deposit on it...

The exact color combination, year ( I wanted a 13-15), and ridiculously low mileage. Sold. Put my deposit down on it and went to check it out. The truck was mint. How mint? It still had the factory plastic wrapping on the rear seat entertainment screens. I may very well have been the first person to ever be in that back seat. It was brought in every year on the dot for its servicing to Lexus like clockwork. The only holdup is the outstanding fuel pump recall. A dealership can't legally sell a vehicle with an outstanding recall up here. It'll be done tomorrow and then its coming home.

For those of you who stuck around this long thanks, and maybe you can answer a few questiond:

Wheels and tires are first up. Its gonna be my family misadventure machine, so I want to go to 18" wheels and 275/70R18 tires, probably General Grabber ATXs. I've been eyeballing a set of KMC Mesa rims that are 18x9, +25 offset. Searching here says anything from "they'll fit with some minor trim adjustments " to "They'll rub like a sumbitch on everything!". Help? Also looking at a set of TRD Pro 18" wheels (the black version of the bronze Heritage edition wheels) with a +60 offset that should fit with no issues.

Id like to replace the side steps with LC rocker trim pretty wuick, with sliders down the road. Dince the rocket trim all seems to come prepainted ,did toyota have a white that matches Starfire white?

Thanks and good to be here!
Excellent find! Be sure to post pics in the LX pic thread.

Official LX570s Picture Thread - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/official-lx570s-picture-thread.1006565/

Congrats on the new rig and what a great find! I just purchased an 08 and going through a similar process of making it more off-road worthy. I purchased a set of Tundra pro wheels and BF KO2 275/70/18. There is some minor rubbing at full articulation but so far I have not had to cut or remove anything.

I also did the sensor lift on just the front to even things out.

I also removed the side moldings and rear badging. This can only be done on earlier models as they are just attached with double sided tape. Later versions like yours according to what I could find are held on with bolts.

Just finished purchasing recovery gear, tools, air down, and compressor.

Waiting for Morimoto Fogs, interior and LED headlights

Stock

2008-lexus-lx-570-base-awd-4dr-suv (9).jpg

After wheels and trim removal - LX is in low mode.

20201231_092846.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new rig and what a great find! I just purchased an 08 and going through a similar process of making it more off-road worthy. I purchased a set of Tundra pro wheels and BF KO2 275/70/18. There is some minor rubbing at full articulation but so far I have not had to cut or remove anything.

I also removed the side moldings and rear badging. This can only be done on earlier models as they are just attached with double sided tape. Later versions like yours according to what I could find are held on with bolts.

Stock

View attachment 2540252

After wheels and trim removal - LX is in low mode.

View attachment 2540253
Man, that looks nice with the side trim removed. Gonna have to investigate the stuck on vs clipped on....

LC rockers are the official way to go if you're going to put sliders on, candidly though the way they're setup the 'chop' method is impressively effective and hardly noticeable with a good blade. I'd give that a shot first. If you're ok with the look you'll save a few hundred dollars, if you can't stand it then you'll just get the parts you were planning to before.

Man, that looks nice with the side trim removed. Gonna have to investigate the stuck on vs clipped on....
I have done everything but remove door panels on our 2014... almost certain that the 13-15's are all clipped. I'd remove mine in a heartbeat if it was stuck on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom