New to me LJ78 1991 Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Joined the club a few weeks ago! Stock everything so I’m looking to upgrade suspension/wheels/tires. Any inspiration and/or recommendations from you folks are greatly appreciated. Already have my eyes set on dobinsons for the lift with their fall sale. Definitely want 33-35” mud tires and classic looking wheels.

8C1A2773-342F-49A5-A82D-0DD274496BED.jpeg

Welcome,
Looks pretty clean and low miles. Check your bushings and replace them if necessary. Front axle knuckles bearings with overtime tend to leak, try not to pressure wash them directly, rebuild if necessary. Check your tie rods. I would probably replace the axle fluids just to have peace of mind. Grease your U-joints.
On tire size try to keep them skinny, don't go too wide.

Howz It! That definitely looks like YB on Oahu!
Im on BI.
I have a LJ78 myself, lifted on 33's. It definitely breaks everyone's necks.
Stoked to have another cruiser out here!
I havent upgraded suspension yet. Following this for recommendations!
Aloha!

Howz It! That definitely looks like YB on Oahu!
Im on BI.
I have a LJ78 myself, lifted on 33's. It definitely breaks everyone's necks.
Stoked to have another cruiser out here!
I havent upgraded suspension yet. Following this for recommendations!
Aloha!
Yeah you! Shipped it from Oahu to Lana’i. I know ironman4x4 as well as Dobinsons are having sales, im going with Dobinsons to upgrade the bushings and steering dampener as well.

Welcome,
Looks pretty clean and low miles. Check your bushings and replace them if necessary. Front axle knuckles bearings with overtime tend to leak, try not to pressure wash them directly, rebuild if necessary. Check your tie rods. I would probably replace the axle fluids just to have peace of mind. Grease your U-joints.
On tire size try to keep them skinny, don't go too wide.
Thanks for the recommendations! How wide is too wide? If you don’t mind me asking

I have the 2.5 inch lift on my 91 LJ77

Running 255/85/16 MT tires (33")

Lame excuse for a picture

10531.jpeg

Last edited:
Love it. Nice ride and works well off road:

10598.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom