New to me HZJ77 Pre-build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I'm going to need you to mail that one to me. Let me know where you want the blank check sent.

Edit: please ignore any PMs from @sleepydad69

I have offshore accounts that are untraceable. I need to run into my local dealer this week to pickup my relay rod assembly I ordered so I will ask about this part and see if I can dig any up. I will make sure I buy them all.

sounds like nobody told you about the carpet source @FJ73Texas stumbled into.... that I'm waiting on to arrive.

Thanks for the tip, yes I have used Partsouq in the past as well as amayama, will definitely be following your build, nice 77!!!
i've also had nothing but good luck so far with megazip.net in finding parts for my 77. shipping is pretty quick too.

i've also had nothing but good luck so far with megazip.net in finding parts for my 77. shipping is pretty quick too.
Never heard of that site I will keep it in mind thanks.

The first part has arrived from Cruiser Outfitters… it’s a purely cosmetic one, I personally much prefer the old TOYOTA lettering so I will be swapping out the newer sombrero grille for this one:

FDE1D429-5B72-44E8-9840-CFEB9211184B.jpeg

And thanks to BH3D for an awesome product (the diesel badge is 3D printed by them for anybody reading this who was unaware)

A very large box arrived from Osaka Japan today. Amayama does an impeccable job with packing over the top with many layers of bubble wrap to protect every part and every part I ordered was in stock with a relatively fast turnaround. Shipping was four days from Osaka to North Carolina with DHL.

Lots of rubber hoses... I normally would not have purchased Toyota branded wiper blades, but I for some reason thought these had an archaic screw mounted installation on 70 series... These ones are the click in place type.

The ship carrying the HZJ77 is now docked in Freeport Texas with estimated arrival in Florida in 5 days.

tempImager5MZ3H.jpg

tempImagexgypdN.jpg

tempImageZUyUPS.jpg

A very large box arrived from Osaka Japan today. Amayama does an impeccable job with packing over the top with many layers of bubble wrap to protect every part and every part I ordered was in stock with a relatively fast turnaround. Shipping was four days from Osaka to North Carolina with DHL.

Lots of rubber hoses... I normally would not have purchased Toyota branded wiper blades, but I for some reason thought these had an archaic screw mounted installation on 70 series... These ones are the click in place type.

The ship carrying the HZJ77 is now docked in Freeport Texas with estimated arrival in Florida in 5 days.

View attachment 3287269
View attachment 3287270
View attachment 3287271

That is many hours of fun and games in that pile.

So I decided to back out on the purchase of the HZJ77... All the parts I bought are non returnable and I now have them listed in the classifieds section if anybody is interested in a full parts kit for their HZJ!

So I decided to back out on the purchase of the HZJ77... All the parts I bought are non returnable and I now have them listed in the classifieds section if anybody is interested in a full parts kit for their HZJ!

Sorry to hear that @araco100, I am sure there was a good reason, and this was a tough decision. I hope it wasn't too painful for you.

Perhaps if you decide to get one in the future, you could keep all the parts you took so much time and effort to collect. That way you do not take too big of a hit. Hopefully folks are aware of this and don't try to lowball you too badly.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors! :cheers:

What a shame. What happened?

That grill is nice.
I have been meaning to buy one. But then all the clear coat peel on the hood will be more noticeable ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom