New to Me FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2010 Trail edition. 100k, 6sp manual, one owner (has the original BFG's on it, as far as I can tell).
No major plans other than some 33's, bumpers, and winch.
20181231_102138.jpg
20181231_102147.jpg

Those are by far my favorite TRD wheels. Cool FJ

Thanks. I'm not new to mud though, having a number of build threads here in the hardcore and 80 series sections.
Just new to FJ's.

that is great! I'll have to have a look.

Thinking in the near future (when I'm not broke) to do a hidden winch behind the stock bumper. I'm not wanting to get wild with this rig at all, but have come to understand how important a winch really is when offroad (not just for recovery). There's an open source file off of another forum that I'm going to make some tweaks to (mainly to be able to tab things together and use heavier gauge steel for the base plate), but it should be a pretty simple and quick project.

C4 fab makes a hybrid bumper I thing that acts as basically a winch mount and light bar. It keeps the factory look. It's not my cup of tea, but you might like it. I think it was reasonably priced too.

C4 fab makes a hybrid bumper I thing that acts as basically a winch mount and light bar. It keeps the factory look. It's not my cup of tea, but you might like it. I think it was reasonably priced too.
I saw C4 fab's offering and thought it was pretty cool, but I can have the steel laser cut and weld it myself for about $150 (vs $525).

Dude your a black belt! That’s legit! I’m only a white belt. I train at vanguard gym in Virginia. I’m only a year in. I train 4 days a week , 2 in Gi, 2 no gi. Got a win in my first tournament a couple months ago.

View attachment 1896516
That's awesome on your tournament win!
I'm a coach with Impact Jiu Jitsu in Oregon (coaching at a couple different locations). I've been training for about fifteen years now, the majority of that with the same gym and coaches. I spent a lot of time competing up until purple belt, then focused heavily on MMA for a number of years. Now I'm on the mats for a couple hours of coaching time, two hours of drilling/rolling, and still teach a muay thai class once a week.

Sounds like my gym. Man that’s awesome. I’m almost 40 (next month) but in the last year jiujitsu has become a huge part of my life. We do about 50/50 drilling and rolling. Got some amazing coaches and awesome training partners. I will probably test for my blue this summer. Take care coach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom