Builds New To Me 83 Long Bed Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But there’s hope:

These guys are based in Seattle Wa. Not sure if they do a Toyota sized bed though...

cool i hadn't seen that before... right on their homepage they show a first gen hilux.

after clicking around, i found this...

Last edited:
I prefer them to be only a couple of inches wider than the cab, but they are damn nice beds! I’d love one for my 3500 Cummins like AEV did:

Found it. Be nice to this one. Look forward to seeing it all come together. And I bet ACC would help you sort out the flat bed, either getting you one or helping you put ine together,

1983 SR5 Long Bed 4WD 5-speed 22R
Body is rough, tailgate doesn't open, interior door panels trashed, driver seat kinda rough, windshield cracked Fixed, dash is toast
Power steering belt is off and I was told it needs a pump (it's leaking like crazy) Fixed
Oil leaks (valve cover, front cover, trans maybe, etc)
Exhaust leak Fixed
Shifter bushings gone Fixed
Crazy wiring everywhere for sound system stuff, lights, and who knows what else
Motor mounts (or trans mount) broken

So I have some work cut out for me. Plans for the truck once I get all the mechanical issues fixed...

Tires, probably like 33" max Ordered 35 x 12.50 x15 BFG KM3s
Remove front brush guard and build/buy a bumper
Winch
Lunchbox locker or something for the rear
Good shocks Ordered lift kit
Low range gear for transfer (maybe)
Camping/cooler/etc set up for the bed
Tie downs for motorcycles
Radio (and fix the train wreck of speakers/wiring)
Propane conversion (did EFI swap on my last one, the propane will be so much better and easier)

And ... ???

Updated the list 🔧

And thanks for the info on the bed. I sent them an email. Looks pricey though...

And thanks for the info on the bed. I sent them an email. Looks pricey though...

I’ve heard they aren’t exactly giving them away... it was as much for inspiration as anything else.

I’ve heard they aren’t exactly giving them away... it was as much for inspiration as anything else.

I'm still keeping my eyes open for a correct generation long bed. My first choice would be to go back to original. They're just about unobtainium these days though...

I’d keep my eyes open for you, but Hotlanta and Seattle are about the cost of a Ute bed apart in shipping I’d bet:meh:

I’d keep my eyes open for you, but Hotlanta and Seattle are about the cost of a Ute bed apart in shipping I’d bet:meh:

Funny you mention that... I actually found one that's out that way. They won't ship it of course but said I could arrange my own. Stay tuned.

Sweeeeet! Can’t read the size though. 33s or 35s? Look 35 ish to my eye.

Good luck with the shipping. Let me know if I can help.

You will have to let us know your thoughts on the KM3s. I’ve read mixed reviews so far, but that’s usually the case with tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom