New to me 67 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I'm sure most if not all of my questions have been asked/answered many times so I apologize for the repetition. 67 FJ40 with V8 conversion.

First question, all 4 brake wheel cylinders are blown. Is it worth is to rebuild the drums or is a disc conversion better? I've heard that there are vehicles that can donate the proper pieces to a 67, does anyone know what those vehicles are?

Front hubs are bad as well. Where can I get parts to rebuild those, bearings, seals etc?

Hello all, I'm sure most if not all of my questions have been asked/answered many times so I apologize for the repetition. 67 FJ40 with V8 conversion.

First question, all 4 brake wheel cylinders are blown. Is it worth is to rebuild the drums or is a disc conversion better? I've heard that there are vehicles that can donate the proper pieces to a 67, does anyone know what those vehicles are?

Front hubs are bad as well. Where can I get parts to rebuild those, bearings, seals etc?
Disc brake if you can

Welcome to Mud!

Start reading here:

Front disk brakes is a great safety upgrade.
You locking hubs may just need a good cleaning. Try that first. Links are in the FAQs to all the info you need to get started.

Either way you go highly recommended you upgrade the brake master cylinder to a dual circuit if not done already. Major safety upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom