New to me 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just using old ones, some how there in great shape,
Haha need to dress warm for my shop
20201114_210140.jpg

@HJbreit did I read somewhere that you had a 75 series pickup? If so what’s the story there? RHD?

Last edited:
Cool, so that makes at least three LHD swapped 61's in BC. :beer:

I still have the rear flares from mine, they aren't great but they're free. :meh:

I've almost tossed them a couple times but I hate throwing away cruiser s***.
I have one of the swapped ones! Somebody smashed into my HJ61 a week or so ago and one of the things I need to fix her up is new fender flares. Is there a place to buy aftermarket ones?!

Not sure about that. They come up for sale from time to time. I removed mine as well as the steps. Will weld the holes shut when I get around to it this spring.

I have one of the swapped ones! Somebody smashed into my HJ61 a week or so ago and one of the things I need to fix her up is new fender flares. Is there a place to buy aftermarket ones?!
I sent my old rear ones to @HJbreit

I'll be welding the holes shut for mine as well once I have a bodywork fest when the weather dries up a bit.

I've seen flares for 60 series that are more of a flexible rubber than those factory fbg ones. Not sure if they cover as much body or where to get them. Probably one of the big aftermarket parts places?

@ColinStuart has some rear fender flares available for a 61 I believe.

anyome looked into borgwarner turbos? I’m going to dig in. Will post findings if anyone is interested ?

If I remember the Toyota and my GTurbo are both water and oil cooled. These seem to be just
oil cooled. Or am I missing something. Or does it matter? I don’t know, TBH.

anyome looked into borgwarner turbos? I’m going to dig in. Will post findings if anyone is interested ?
I have one on my 3b. No complaints. Yes not a water warmer, Just oil lubricated. Big in Europe, Australia and Asia, just not as well known in North America. Probably for all same reasons we missed out on other vehicle options.
660F7512-3867-40D1-82CC-442C0710ECB1.jpeg

If I remember the Toyota and my GTurbo are both water and oil cooled. These seem to be just
oil cooled. Or am I missing something. Or does it matter? I don’t know, TBH.

The main difference on the non water cooled units is you need to let your engine idle for a bit before shutting it off. The harder it was just run, the longer you need to idle. Up to a couple minutes.

If you don't cool it down properly, the oil will coke in the journal and wear it out much faster.

Water cooled ones this is not as big a deal, but still good practice to give proper cool down time.

Last couple km of my drives I pretty much treat as idle down.

Also a bonus of a manual driveway gate, gives a little time to idle down and cool.

Not that my 12ht ever puts out much for egts.

As for BorgWarner, certainly heard the name often enough, I think they make a lot of marine transmissions.

I'd be interested to see what you dig up. Although my internal debate about keeping 2 cruisers is ramping up again....:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom