New to me 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got her home and already started cleaning it up-
There was years of dirt piled up that I washed off. Then fixed and painted the bumper and bezel. Also ordered about $350 worth of restoration pieces to put on this weekend.

The top will be coming off this weekend and I'm having a soft top sent.

It's got a small coolant leak right now but I traced it to the plastic reservoir and will just replace it. Hopefully that will work.

I need to build a roll cage, so I'll be looking for someone with a bender. :D

In the next few weeks, I'll start prepping it for shiny new paint :cheers:
[maybe I could bring it over to one of the McGyver's to share some knowledge before I start?]

I'll be bringing it over to Rhino's on Saturday- maybe a fellow 40 owner can take a gander at it and make sure everything looks right.

x1pGg9EMswqL-8YJZx6WvOq2zaH6_48qk1SgxMNZTDRm3AZP6FPEfDjuSjhyTISTEWzCmkTwQr7xdJ6joSVEVNSfaRcMR8mGjRoWNEfIz4srsjrkitPJ5TQpaJVMQpftEmhM9hVte_BrhE4GrsUSLVTUw

x1pGg9EMswqL-8YJZx6WvOq2zaH6_48qk1SgxMNZTDRm3Di_imApEPA2jccN_NBFtv2JG3kDRgaTfn5HbsyPkSp2DiYnCQl2kPUto6OYThe_DRJUCJkuM-t5YqTYXJM8WSj7jEDwJBT3_lwLV4SqyQRyYXrA_IHxIYK

x1pGg9EMswqL-8YJZx6WvOq2zaH6_48qk1SgxMNZTDRm3BzgA492ilVL3cjQaUxYa3EJEI0ArnFQhwl-qvggYUsIgMrAwqRdvej5lFkMkXh6UxHB4hkg88kny7WV7uYBklIquaMRpiaTBenaRPS4YlHb-IWmrHqXtFu

Last edited:
Oh, but other than that, she runs GREAT- Drove it from Burley, ID to Provo, Utah on Saturday afternoon and then from Provo -home and she ran like a top.

Original F engine that was rebuilt about 4k miles ago- 12 hours of driving just on Sunday and only stopped for gas and 1 meal.

It rides ok until you hit the smallest of bumps and then it slams. The hardtop is very noisy as well- that's why I'll be taking it off.

The suspension is 2 1/2 rough country springs and 2 1/2 shackles.

Could the longer shackles be part of the roughness?

Congrats!!!! looks great, can't wait to see it at the next sonic meet. How did you find it?

Nice looking 40 you got there...

Thanks- The paint looks much better in those pictures- It's pretty beat up and a faded orange-ish color.

can't wait to take the top off this weekend. Anyone got a bikini top I can borrow for a week while I wait on the soft top? :grinpimp:

I haven't checked the bushings very closely yet- I plan to check everything out this weekend.

I understand once you take your top off, it's like a new differant truck...All the rattles and what not from my new 40 (because it has almost no weather stripping left is about driving me nuts)

I definitely know what you mean. Between the slamming of the actual truck, the noise from the hardtop, the squeak from the rear door and the rattle of the tire carrier- I can't hear the loud muffler :D

When are you taking your top off? I was hoping someone could point out all of the bolts on Saturday and maybe even help me take it off since it will be my first time.

I think I am going to try and replace all the weather stripping before i take the top off.. Winter is coming and i think keeping the top on is in my best interest right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom