New to me 2016 LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to me 2016 LC200 with 112k miles. I'm quite sure it was never driven in 4L or with Diff locked. I need to go through a test of all the 4L options but don't want to do rough rocky off road stuff but perhaps just some place with dirt and slight terrain. Any suggestions what and how to test the functionality? I need to report any problems back to the dealer asap.

A dirt or gravel road is perfect for that. Don't go over 20 mph in 4 low.

A dirt or gravel road is perfect for that. Don't go over 20 mph in 4 low.
Yes. And when you first test out crawl control, don’t be alarmed. Not sure on the newer models, but on my 2010 crawl control makes all kinds of odd noises…perfectly normal.

If your CDL hasn’t been used in 100k it will likely be sticky. Test it by taking in in and out. If you get the blinking light it means it is trying but can’t get in or sometimes back out. If that happens putting it in neutral, or backing up sometimes helps it engage. Sometime just shutting the truck off and restarting works. Turning slightly from left to right to right while moving slowing forward also sometimes helps.

Mine was sticky at first but now it’s fine. I put it in 4L and lock the CDL once a week just to exercise it. Better on a dirt road but even doing it on pavement in a generally straight line for a short distance (few blocks) will help and won’t hurt anything.

Also, you need to be stopped and in neutral for 4L.

I’ve never heard of any hard rule about top speed in 4L like the 20 mpg mentioned above. Maybe the manual does say a max speed but in my mind as long as you are not red lining rpm, going faster than 20 should hurt anything. I know I’ve gone short distances at about 30. But if you can go that fast you don’t need 4L and the drive train (and you) will be happier in 4H. So I would agree that there is generally no need for 4L over 20 mph.

Note also that, in cold weather, the transfer case may not readily shift into or out of 4L until the fluid warms up. Nothing wrong, it’s just how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom