New to me 2007 LC (Journal) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! It does look super clean!... especially for 212k miles. Cosmetically, looks mint in and out. Congrats! How much $?

Love your mods - subtle and very tasteful. Thanks for posting.

Where did you get the spacers from and how much? I'd love to get a wider stance for my 285/75r16 Nittos on stock rims.
Anyone have experience with whether or not 1.25" spacers will compromise safety?

I ran 1.25" BORA spacers for quite some time including 1k+ miles offroad (several CO offroad passes like Imogene, Ophir, California, etc.). Never had a single issue with the spacers. Never felt they compromised safety one bit. I made sure to use blue Loctite on all my bolts is all and torqued to proper spec. 1.25" put my 275/70/18 KO2s right in line with the outer edge of the fender.

I ran 1.25" BORA spacers for quite some time including 1k+ miles offroad (several CO offroad passes like Imogene, Ophir, California, etc.). Never had a single issue with the spacers. Never felt they compromised safety one bit. I made sure to use blue Loctite on all my bolts is all and torqued to proper spec. 1.25" put my 275/70/18 KO2s right in line with the outer edge of the fender.

Thanks! Just found them on Amazon for $245 with shipping (set of 4). Wonder if that's a good price?

see post from 4/4 :)

Looking good. Now ditch those running boards.

Looking at sliders but won't ditch the running boards until they come in, need a step for my dog (he's 8)

Just a tip ... you can upload your photos directly through the reply interface here on Mud, along with your text. No need for whatever hosting stuff is going on. It would make this thread way easier to load and view and get rid of all the extra headings. Easier too probably. Stupid pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, good thread, thanks for sharing.

sorry, just been using "media" feature on the board, didn't know about the lagging load times.

Rack n Pinion started leaking from the driver's side. I remember the dealer saying they had replaced it Dec 1, 2017. I was able to track down the receipt. I took the LC to Brake Masters up in north Phoenix and they put in a new rack and pinion (reman) all covered under warrenty. Hopefully, this one lasts longer than 9 months.

Finally got around to getting my metal tech sliders powder coated! I'll install them once the ambient temperature is below 90, sooooo late October.

10/31 - Halloween treat for my LC

As Promised finally got around to installing my metal tech sliders. the process was really easy, jack stands and AHC make it an easy one-man job. Also changed the oil while I was under there, went with the Mobile1 synthetic and the Napa platinum filter (made in the USA)

Oil Changed at 217,135

sorry, just been using "media" feature on the board, didn't know about the lagging load times.

Have you found a way to upload files without the media feature but also still hosted by IH8MUD? I know someone complained but the great feature of using media is that they should always be available as long as this website continues instead of using Photobucket and one day they disappear.

I'll continue using media as well unless can find another way.

forgot to log a few oil changes but have the toyota records.

2/26
20" led light bar in grill and rear led box reverse lights

4/11
228,388 miles
new rotos and brak pads front and rear (bosch rotors) EBC yellow up front, power stop in the rear
fresh dot 4 flush
right right caliper piston rebuild
Also: upfront: new wheel bearings, races, and fresh grease.

4/10
powerbass front component speaker replacement, rear powerbass two way coax. 2 ohm to match stock speakers.

4/10
powerbass front component speaker replacement, rear powerbass two way coax. 2 ohm to match stock speakers.

I'll be replacing my stock speakers soon. I'm not familiar with Powerbass. Doing some research on them, it sounds like they're a direct replacement for the stock speakers. How do they sound? Are they an improvement over the stock speakers? Were they a drop-in replacement?

I'll be replacing my stock speakers soon. I'm not familiar with Powerbass. Doing some research on them, it sounds like they're a direct replacement for the stock speakers. How do they sound? Are they an improvement over the stock speakers? Were they a drop-in replacement?

Drop in though you might need some pilot holes in the basket. Def improvement over stock. I was skeptical but the 2 ohms and price got me. I’m happy with them. I used double sided tape for the tweeter.
bought from crutchfield which comes with the speaker plug adapters.

8/6/21

oil/filter change at right toyota

12/28

247,717 miles
right toyota changed oil and filter
I changed:
air filter (K&N)
changed front, rear diffs and transfer case fluid with royal purple 75-90
pumped out power steering and brake fluid reservoirs and replaced with new fluid.

Looking very good, I also have a silver ‘07 LC.

I’d rethink those Amazon wheel spacers. They aren’t hub centric.

1/21/22-1/28/22

>OEM lower control arms
>SPC Adjustable Upper Control Arms
>OEM cv axle drivers side
>555 outer tie rods
>New tires: Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT All-Season LT275/70R18 - these seem to be a bit bigger than my current cooper at3's 275/70/18
>oem power steering boot passenger side
>Moog front-end sway bar links (never buy these)
>radiator hoses top and bottom with new coolant
>radiator cap
>hood and truck shocks
>Alignment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom