New (to me) 2007 LC and DIY questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just purchased my first-ever Land Cruiser, a black 2007. I'm replacing the heavily-scratched center console piece surrounding the gear and 4WD hi-lo selectors, AHC/suspension setting and seat warmer switches, as well as the cup holder cover. Has anyone ever done this as a DIY project or is this one best left for the dealer?

I'm also adding an OEM towing hitch, which seems like a relatively straightforward DIY project since it's bolt-on. The trailer wiring is already set-up.

The vehicle was originally purchased in L.A. I guess they don't tow anything in L.A.;)
LandCruiser.jpg

Congrats. The center console stuff is very easy and wouldn't take more than 10-minutes including assembly of all the new stuff into the console plastic.

x2 it's easy. Just take your time and don't get crazy prying on anything plastic that can snap. If you can't do it in vehicle, the console around the shifter is 4 screws on the sides, then unthread the t-case knob, put the truck in N, pull up the e-brake and the whole thing lifts off.

Looks Good!! Congrats on the purchase!

Welcome to the forum. When taking off the center console, remember that it pops up (towards the roof). Unscrew the 4H-4L knob, place the shifter in neutral (makes removal easier) and pull up at the cup holders (with cup holder door open). once you get the cup holder side up, work your fingers under the trim piece while working towards the front. NO TOOLS ARE NEEDED. Once the console piece is detached, unplug the seat warmer buttons, 2nd start and PWR buttons and remove the entire piece.

We need to start a separate thread about the things found at this point. I had 2 business cards, a piece of gum, the foot of a robot and a rubber band under mine. Also don't surprised if there is some very light rust under there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom