New to me 2006 LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, just picked up my first Lexus/ Land Cruiser. 2006 with 184,000 miles. Interior, Exterior, and Chasis are extra clean. Looked for Months, but being in Mississippi most all of the available options are 300+ miles. Finally had one pop up 45 miles away at a Toyota Dealership. I don’t feel I got a “great” deal, but I was able to test drive multiple times and negotiate to have all the maiantence up to date at the time of pickup.

A question I have is the PO had the AHC replaced with a Strutmaster kit. I know I need to update the Torsion Bars, but have read conflicting opinions on going Aftermarket (OME, Tough Dog) vs OEM. I have plans to install a 2.5 Lift and Front ARB with Winch at some point, but not for awhile. And will probably go lift before the bumper.

I’m thinking Aftermarket TBs wil be fine and give me options in the future.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

I have an 07' LX with AHC removed and OME torsion bars. OME torsion bars are thicker in diameter than OEM, and my understanding is they're stronger and better able to hold the added weight in the front, bumpers, winch etc.

I also think the prevailing wisdom is that OME torsion bars with OME shocks will give a rougher ride than stock. My 07' is a pretty stiff ride, stiffer than stock I imagine...Lots of threads of torsion bar preferences BTW, I just looked.

I don't really think the TBs are that terribly different between OME, IronMan, ToughDog, etc. They are all designed to handle almost identical weights over the front axle. The rear springs though.....well, that's a COMPLETELY different story. Countless spring rates (including dual-spring rate options) for all sorts of different load characteristics (light, medium, heavy, extra heavy......constant load etc.) and quality. This is where most people feel OME falls short. I'm not too picky on the TBs. But the rear springs are an entirely different story.

If you're wanting to do the OME torsion bars and you plan on doing it in the next few weeks, you better get them on order somewhere soon. Sounds like everywhere that should stock them is about a 3-4 week wait for them to come in.

Hello, just picked up my first Lexus/ Land Cruiser. 2006 with 184,000 miles. Interior, Exterior, and Chasis are extra clean. Looked for Months, but being in Mississippi most all of the available options are 300+ miles. Finally had one pop up 45 miles away at a Toyota Dealership. I don’t feel I got a “great” deal, but I was able to test drive multiple times and negotiate to have all the maiantence up to date at the time of pickup.

A question I have is the PO had the AHC replaced with a Strutmaster kit. I know I need to update the Torsion Bars, but have read conflicting opinions on going Aftermarket (OME, Tough Dog) vs OEM. I have plans to install a 2.5 Lift and Front ARB with Winch at some point, but not for awhile. And will probably go lift before the bumper.

I’m thinking Aftermarket TBs wil be fine and give me options in the future.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

If you dont mind can you post or private message me the price you paid for reference. Congrats you're going to love it,

First Project- Remove running boards.
459880D1-4A2C-4183-9E0E-6F419D7C905D.jpeg
50E14061-A554-47DE-8C3C-AAFAD42481FA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom