New to me 2000 LX470

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wak

Threads
Well I found a pearl in the muck and got her home today. 2000 LX470 with 109k miles. 1 owner. 9 pages of service and maintenance on Lexus site. Everything done along the way. Clean Carfax and Autocheck. Recently had brakes, battery, timing belt, head gasket done. Brand new set of Michelin's. CD stuck in the Nakicrappi, go figure.

So now I kinda have that new dad "oh now I get it" feeling. So much to do. So much time. As its been said many times on here, "let the madness begin". Step 1 is to take advantage of the good weather tomorrow and pull off the running boards. Hate to have them get hung up on some of those technical bumps at the mall.

Very nice Wak! Good miles, good maintenance, great color choice.

Keep me posted if you end up replacing the head unit - would be curious about solutions in case I ever do the same..

Paint job looks disturbingly good. No brainer of a deal. For a few k or even keeping it stock, that's gonna play out nicely..

Thanks guys. I'm definitely stoked. I'll keep you posted on the head unit Dog. A lot of the ones I've seen mentioned here seem to be replaced by newer models. Yeah, I started looking the minute we sealed the deal. I'll probably order the trim piece now though just to have it on hand since they come on the slow boat from China-bay.

Congrats on the nice looking ride! Sounds like a solid rig in excellent shape. I just bought my first, an 01 LX470 on 2/15, 2015, so we're new LX470 brothers!.

Congrats on the nice looking ride! Sounds like a solid rig in excellent shape. I just bought my first, an 01 LX470 on 2/15, 2015, so we're new LX470 brothers!.
I suppose not necessarily "brothers", but you know what I mean . . .

Hey congrats man! What did you end up getting? You posted any pics?

I'm telling ya, I have had a bunch of different trucks and I just love this one. In fact, I got in my (soon to be gone) '05 F150 FX4 after driving the LX all week and it felt like there was something wrong with the suspension or the steering or who knows what. It was then I realized that I'd just been spoiled all week by a much better driving and riding vehicle.

CreeperSleeper you got Tactical Arctic Ice White (aka Golden Pearl White) too? Love that color.

LOL! Sure do. It usually has additional road grime camo on it as well...

20131011_095516_zps4hcnlyvw.jpg

BTW that is one awesome weekender you got there. And some serious radio gear...

I wish the trailer was mine... I was borrowing that from a buddy for a hunting trip. (Nothing like fresh deer blood in the back of a Lexus!) I currently only have a 2m Ham and a CB in there. Eventually the 2m will get permanently moved to my 40 and I'll put a dual band in the LX.

This thing is the most comfortable work horse I have ever owned. It does everything so well she's almost boring. I treat it like a truck, make it "earn it's keep", and she shrugs it off and is ready for more. One of the most impressive vehicles I have ever owned.

But enough about my LX, this is your thread! I will say that your's is in a lot nicer shape than mine. It looks awesome.

Lol. Wouldnt be much of a thread if people didnt jump in! I thought about getting a little plastic pool just for that reason. Only thing I'll miss about my pickup is the hosable bed . I forget you guys still have actual wilderness out there. The only time we use radios here is to see if anyone down on the beach needs a beer. Hunted quail up in Washington once not too far from the Canadian border . Up on a mountain and could not see a single light down below for miles and miles all the way into Canada. Simply awesome.

And as a former Jeep owner I should let you know that much more talk of your 40 and family wheeling is going to get me in serious trouble. But then she had a Jeep once too...hmmmmm...

Congrats! Looks to be in great condition. Curious if you know what led to the head gasket repair? Didn't think that was common on the 2UZ - do you know if overheated?

Congrats! Looks to be in great condition. Curious if you know what led to the head gasket repair? Didn't think that was common on the 2UZ - do you know if overheated?
Thanks! Interior is cherry. Purrs like a kitten. A little rust underneath but those of us with salty roads just gotta deal with it I guess. I actually misspoke about the head gasket. It was the valve cover gasket. Was part of a bunch of maintenance they did at 103K. Shocks, battery, leaky gasket. At the time I threw the dice thinking for the history, the condition and the price I'd deal with it. :)

Love yours. It's the exact truck I started out looking for.

This is great. Exactly what I've been pondering over the past several days . . . "how can I possibly haul elk quarters without making a total mess . . . then MAYBE I could sell the T100 and buy a gas sipper?" I thought about tarps but I know from experience that pools of blood form and somehow blood ends up where I don't want it, usually when moving things in or out. I really like the pool idea! A similar idea is a plastic sled. I have a good size unit now I use for ice-fishing and sliding carcasses when there's snow on the ground. Sleds can be pretty bomber thick and easier to move than a pool. They also have channels in the bottom where blood can settle below the meat.

Thanks! Interior is cherry. Purrs like a kitten. A little rust underneath but those of us with salty roads just gotta deal with it I guess. I actually misspoke about the head gasket. It was the valve cover gasket. Was part of a bunch of maintenance they did at 103K. Shocks, battery, leaky gasket. At the time I threw the dice thinking for the history, the condition and the price I'd deal with it. :)

Love yours. It's the exact truck I started out looking for.

Ah, valve cover gasket makes more sense! Sounds like a very maintained cruiser. Yup, I live in the salt belt too so have to live with undercarriage rust. I did a fluid film treatment before the winter so I'm interested to see how it looks in the spring. We've been buried in snow in the Boston area this winter!

Yeah you guys have gotten a load of snow. I was glad we got our annual snowpocalypse this week so I could test her out. If you think about it later let me know how the rust treatment does for you. My summer project involves a wire brush and goggles....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom