New to me 2000 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

Just bought a 2000 Landcruiser, as expected with a 22 year old truck it has a handful of issues, some of these issues I've been able to find some answers to but if you have more information I would gladly appreciate it, other issues I have not been able to find much of any info on and need a little help.

Need help finding more info on these issues:
For some reason the driver side door speakers aren't working, there is a aftermarket head unit that the previous owner installed not sure if that is the cause of the issue?
Front passenger side seat will only adjust up and down for 2-3 seconds before stalling out, have to wait a full day until can move again and then it will only move for another 2-3 seconds, all other functions of the electronic seat work great its just the up/ down feature that stalls out after a few seconds.
Previous owner removed the canvas covers to the speakers on the doors so I'm just left with the raw plastics; is there an easy fix to covering these?

I've found some relevant information on these but any additional inform is greatly appreciated:
Driver door has some play up and down in the hinges, can defiantly tell its out of wack when closing.
The back of driver and passenger seats have this storage net that is completely wore out, is there an easy fix to this?

Please remove this post if it is redundant and the answers to all these questions are listed somewhere else, I'm just having trouble finding the correct fixes for all these issues.

Hey everyone,

Just bought a 2000 Landcruiser, as expected with a 22 year old truck it has a handful of issues, some of these issues I've been able to find some answers to but if you have more information I would gladly appreciate it, other issues I have not been able to find much of any info on and need a little help.

Need help finding more info on these issues:
For some reason the driver side door speakers aren't working, there is a aftermarket head unit that the previous owner installed not sure if that is the cause of the issue?
Front passenger side seat will only adjust up and down for 2-3 seconds before stalling out, have to wait a full day until can move again and then it will only move for another 2-3 seconds, all other functions of the electronic seat work great its just the up/ down feature that stalls out after a few seconds.
Previous owner removed the canvas covers to the speakers on the doors so I'm just left with the raw plastics; is there an easy fix to covering these?

I've found some relevant information on these but any additional inform is greatly appreciated:
Driver door has some play up and down in the hinges, can defiantly tell its out of wack when closing.
The back of driver and passenger seats have this storage net that is completely wore out, is there an easy fix to this?

Please remove this post if it is redundant and the answers to all these questions are listed somewhere else, I'm just having trouble finding the correct fixes for all these issues.
First thing to do is the Heater "T" joint by the brake master pump. If it has not been replaced, (don't press or move as it might break into pieces), do it first. You can get OEM heater joints each for about $12.

IF the radiator is factory, it is a good idea to replace it with a branded unit (lots of threads bnout it here)

You can get OEM door hinges, and install by your self, if you are good with car stuff. Remove one hinge at a time and mount the new, then move to the other.

The map pockets (mesh) can be replaced, but not sure those are still available to purchase in the USA. about an year ago, I was able to secure a pair and the dealer said it is the last remaining pair in the USA.

You can purchase parts form PARTSOUQ.com located in Dubai UAE. Insert the VIN and search the parts diagram. We all in the forum have bought parts form them without a single issue. Ships FedEx and usually delivered within 4-5 days! Thera are other places such as AMAYAMA.com etc.,

Currently there are some special parts discount going on (probably until 30th). Try decatur toyota parts and use free ship code to get it shipped for free.

First thing to do is the Heater "T" joint by the brake master pump. If it has not been replaced, (don't press or move as it might break into pieces), do it first. You can get OEM heater joints each for about $12.

IF the radiator is factory, it is a good idea to replace it with a branded unit (lots of threads bnout it here)

You can get OEM door hinges, and install by your self, if you are good with car stuff. Remove one hinge at a time and mount the new, then move to the other.

The map pockets (mesh) can be replaced, but not sure those are still available to purchase in the USA. about an year ago, I was able to secure a pair and the dealer said it is the last remaining pair in the USA.

You can purchase parts form PARTSOUQ.com located in Dubai UAE. Insert the VIN and search the parts diagram. We all in the forum have bought parts form them without a single issue. Ships FedEx and usually delivered within 4-5 days! Thera are other places such as AMAYAMA.com etc.,

Currently there are some special parts discount going on (probably until 30th). Try decatur toyota parts and use free ship code to get it shipped for free.
Thanks for the reply!

Yes the Heater "T"'s have been replaced, at least they appear to have been replaced the crimps that crimp on the hoses onto the Heater "T"'s are not in the stock upside down orientation.

Yes the radiator has been replaced, according to the Carfax it was done at 150,000 miles.

Will keep everyone update on updates as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom