New to me 1996 Lexus LX450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked this up last night. Looking forward to modding it with suspension wheels tires etc. Has roughly 240k miles and is in great shape. Needs an ac coil and some cosmetic clean up.

Cheers,
Steve

IMG_0663.JPG

Welcome to the best LC series :flipoff2:

Yes welcome to the 80 series. Just purchased my 80 LX450 in December 2016 and have done some work and had some work done already. July first weekend doing the 4wd conversion kit and knuckle rebuild.

This is post paint job. I bought a NM desert rig and the paint was sun scarred.

IMG_0710.jpg

What's the plan for it?

You already have a 40 and 200 series. I haven't looked at any of your 40 series post to see the build process.

What's the plan for it?

You already have a 40 and 200 series. I haven't looked at any of your 40 series post to see the build process.

I'm going to turn this into my intermitten driver/trail rig. I ride my motorcycle most days to work so I'll drive this in bad weather. I want to put a lift new wheels and tires. I'll start researching the best lift kits for these soon.

I'm going to turn this into my intermitten driver/trail rig. I ride my motorcycle most days to work so I'll drive this in bad weather. I want to put a lift new wheels and tires. I'll start researching the best lift kits for these soon.

I ride a Suzuki V-Strom most days so I can relate. A 4" lift is were the 80 starts looking sexy, but that's also where the price point stands compounding. 3" is the magic number.

I ride a Suzuki V-Strom most days so I can relate. A 4" lift is were the 80 starts looking sexy, but that's also where the price point stands compounding. 3" is the magic number.

Those V-Strom's are nice bikes. I have a Ducati Hypermotard at my moment......love the dirtbike stance with the street tires. 3 inch lift is a great idea because I don't want it too high. My FJ40 is alright lifted like six inches and on 35's. Might do a 3 inch lift on 33's for the FJ80.

Congrats, looks great! You just need a lift and 37s next :beer:

How much lift is on your LX450? I really like the stance and what's the exact size of your 35's. Did you have to change gears for the 35's?

Welcome.

20140513_071212.jpg

20160515_081825.jpg

How much lift is on your LX450? I really like the stance and what's the exact size of your 35's. Did you have to change gears for the 35's?
See my post a few posts up. I'm running OME Heavies with a 2" front spacer on 37x13.50x17 Toyo M/T's. 35's looked small on that setup...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom