Build: 1993 FZJ80 - Mulligan (continued) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mla9301

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everybody, I'm Michael from Tuscaloosa. I'm new to the group and fairly new to the Land Cruiser scene. I bought this 93 FZJ80 back in January as a new project to fix up, drive around town, and trail ride on the weekends. I also figured I needed to diversify my portfolio of 4 wheeled toys and dig myself further into debt, so far mission accomplished! I bought the old girl pretty much as she sits now, aside from a set of Rocky Road sliders I put on a couple months ago. I've done some digging and it looks like "Mulligan" has been around this community for a while, so I'm definitely not changing the name lol. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having fun on the trails.
IMG_6120.JPG

Welcome. If you can come up to the meeting on Thursday on 459 in B'ham we always have a good time for a couple of hours.

My Gawd! I've bought that dang rig THREE times! Donchu dare try to sell it to me again!

In all honesty, I MISS Mulligan terribly! If I've ever loved an 80 more than others... it's this'un! And I had never had a front locker in it either! And followed buggies many many MANY weekends! Mulligan is a special kinda awesome!

Michael, what's your last name? Add me on FB and you can see a TON of Mulligan pics in it's love of the trail and the walmarts...

My Gawd! I've bought that dang rig THREE times! Donchu dare try to sell it to me again!

In all honesty, I MISS Mulligan terribly! If I've ever loved an 80 more than others... it's this'un! And I had never had a front locker in it either! And followed buggies many many MANY weekends! Mulligan is a special kinda awesome!

Haha no worries Eric, I think Mulligan has found it's "forever home". My driveway looks like a used car lot because I can't ever bring myself to get rid of anything. Yeah I came accross some old photos while sifting through some threads on here, blew me away seeing what it used to look like. I bought it from @TachedOutOffRoad and he gave me a little of the back story on it, needless to say it didn't take much convincing to buy it after a little test drive and seeing what all has been done to it. I've definitely enjoyed it so far, been a bit of a learning curve since most of my experience has been with Chevys and Fords. Oh yeah my last name is Armstrong, I'll hit you up on the old FaceSpace

Hey man, it’s Clay.

Glad you’re onboard now!

Must be nice to have a infamous truck!

Thanks brother! Yeah it must have a little fame to it, I got flagged down by a guy in an old SAS white S10 during my first trip to Stoney with it. He seemed pretty stoked about seeing it, said he new one of the PO's.

Thanks brother! Yeah it must have a little fame to it, I got flagged down by a guy in an old SAS white S10 during my first trip to Stoney with it. He seemed pretty stoked about seeing it, said he new one of the PO's.

I took Mulligan into the trail nearly every weekend. No telling who that was.

Had a nice productive day with Mulligan on Saturday. I wrapped up the transfer case output shaft bearing and seal, then dressed up the booty with a fresh 4x4 Labs dual swingout bumper :smokin:
bmprinstll1.jpg
bmprinstll2.jpg
bmprinstll3.jpg
bmprinstll4.jpg

You seriously do not know how happy that makes me!!!
Looks GREAT!

The labs rear bumper looks great. Did you order it as a kit or already welded and PC'd?

I bought it already welded and PC'd. It would have taken more time to fab up than I wanted to spend using my little 140 amp welder.
Plus I really wanted it powdercoated too, and I'm not aware of anyone that can PC anything that size locally. The build quality is amazing, and I couldnt ask for it to fit any better. The most time consuming part of the installation was torching off the frame ends.

I bought it already welded and PC'd. It would have taken more time to fab up than I wanted to spend using my little 140 amp welder.
Plus I really wanted it powdercoated too, and I'm not aware of anyone that can PC anything that size locally. The build quality is amazing, and I couldnt ask for it to fit any better. The most time consuming part of the installation was torching off the frame ends.
Yea I hear ya! Well it looks great, looking forward to checking it out in person soon.

Yea I hear ya! Well it looks great, looking forward to checking it out in person soon.

Thanks! Yeah I'm ready to get out meet everybody and see all these awesome rigs. Me and the wife are planning on going to the camping trip/Southern Swine Soiree' next month so hopefully we'll see ya then.

until recently I knew a guy who worked at Black Warrior Protective Coatings. I think they do all sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom