New to me 1985 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove 4 hours today from LA in hellish Friday traffic to east San Diego and picked up this sweet 4runner.
125k, 5spd, 22re and very clean. So stoked on it.
Going to keep it fairly stock. Modernize the sound system a lil, charge the AC and figure out the low idle I got at a stop light. Maybe new shocks or a mild lift kit. Oh and decal kit and soft top down the road.

36ACE418-8637-4504-9BB1-5F8E55C16008.jpeg

Wow very nice. Care to tell us how much you paid?

AWSOME Score Jason !

NO Rust to mention

Clean Interior

nice Paint job ..........

what you have there is a Cab Chassis 4Runner , when i was still at the Dealership Level they would

come in without a back seat or roll bar etc , we installed them at the dealership service sept.

Also Jason ,

I have 27 of these NOS OEM Alternators i picked up , If this will work on your truck , I would like

to Hook you up with one , like a Vehical Warming Gift :D

let me know , this is a IC type Regulator unit ,

my parts book says its the correct unit ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

again Congrats , Good Show ! 💥

1570989406735.png

1570989456901.png

Wow very nice. Care to tell us how much you paid?
I paid the asking price of $7800.
He wouldn’t budge and I don’t blame him.
It’s in better condition than any vehicle I have ever bought.

@ToyotaMatt i was gona reach out to you shortly about some radio stuff and if you had any info in rear side panels or mods to accommodate shoulder straps.
I’m guessing, from some research I found, is almost any truck shoulder belts should bolt in but I’ll need to mod these panels for the lap belts.

I paid the asking price of $7800.
He wouldn’t budge and I don’t blame him.
It’s in better condition than any vehicle I have ever bought.

@ToyotaMatt i was gona reach out to you shortly about some radio stuff and if you had any info in rear side panels or mods to accommodate shoulder straps.
I’m guessing, from some research I found, is almost any truck shoulder belts should bolt in but I’ll need to mod these panels for the lap belts.

it appears from your photos u all ready have lap belts ?

as with all body style Toyota's , ALL the Killer Kool updates and desired features lye with the last few

production months of that Models Life Cycle , in this case it's 3/89 both the RN6# and VZN6#

ceased to be Alive any more :confused:

/

Stripes 1st generation Runner ......

1571004405369.png

1571004500723.png

Jason , check into these on ebay , seamed to me to be reproduction stripes ?

1571005745408.png

Thanks @ToyotaMatt Yeah the lap belts as they are bolted in, dont function except for criss crossing someone in the center.
Theres no belts coming from the sides due to the solid panel Im guessing.
Looks like most 90's trucks can donate if I dont buy those from the ebay link.
Im not buying any more "parts" till I get a few jobs out the door.
Stripes and a soft top are on the list. Im leaning towards the top most picture you posted with stripes.
Thought about color matching my fj60 wheels to the stripes and putting those on the 1st gen.

How rare is that bull bar and winch combo. A friend said it was dealer installed and I even found something in the service manual about it. Just went outside and tested it, still works!

Nice find Jason! Looks to be in excellent shape and with 125k miles it's worth every penny of $7,800!

I'm a big fan of the stripes that are in the second pic as it's a little more uncommon to see and a cool design. Either way you can get the decal kits from James Dean Creations, they're very nice quality!

I spent the last 2 years researching and designing my personal Vision & in no un-certian terms

a Pipe-Dream that last Wednesday was turned into Reality by a local graphics shop who installed

them ....

Saudi Spec. Region Inspired .........

:D

DSCN0621.JPG
DSCN0622.JPG
DSCN0627.JPG
DSCN0628.JPG
DSCN0633.JPG

AWSOME Score Jason !

NO Rust to mention

Clean Interior

nice Paint job ..........

what you have there is a Cab Chassis 4Runner , when i was still at the Dealership Level they would

come in without a back seat or roll bar etc , we installed them at the dealership service sept.

Also Jason ,

I have 27 of these NOS OEM Alternators i picked up , If this will work on your truck , I would like

to Hook you up with one , like a Vehical Warming Gift :D

let me know , this is a IC type Regulator unit ,

my parts book says its the correct unit ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

again Congrats , Good Show ! 💥

View attachment 2106481

View attachment 2106484

Oooh those are sexy! Can I get one? How much?

I’m not sure I could buy parts from a guy who puts giant “Hilux” decals all over a Tundra. Just sayin. :slap:

Great score Jason! I’d go with the top stripe kit too, as its correct for your vintage, and I had the same stripe package on my ‘84 4x4 pick up back in high school. It was white with the black to silver decals as well. Your 4Runner would look awesome with a 3” lift and 33x10.50s on the 60 wheels!

Stripe kit link below. You want the 4Runner “neutral” color kit. They do all the styles in the earlier post.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the vendor I’ll be ordering from probably going gold to brown.

I found a nice one recently too. ‘86 from Texas, it has a 2” OME lift, 265/75 16 tires. I thought about a decal set too, but sort of dig the plain look so far. If you sell that winch, let me know!

15E5B0F6-A558-4BC7-845A-5CDCD12B3FF8.jpeg

I found a nice one recently too. ‘86 from Texas, it has a 2” OME lift, 265/75 16 tires. I thought about a decal set too, but sort of dig the plain look so far. If you sell that winch, let me know!

View attachment 2109290
Very cool. Nice find. Lift and tires look good on it.
I’ll keep that in mind about the winch but I’m thinking I’ll keep it with the truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom