New to me 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After driving my 2012 access cab tacoma for 7 years, I decided I needed more room and more power and have always wanted a LandCruiser. Sold my Tacoma for almost what I bought it for 7 years ago and started my search for an LC. Ended up finding one in the Florida Panhandle about 8 hours from my home in Charleston, SC. I'd say it was a good test for my new to me LC driving a 17 year old car 8 hours on the highway.... and it performed flawlessly. This will be my DD, running errands, towing my boats around town, take it to the beach, and small roads trips here and there. Fortunately I'm able to ride my bicycle to work, so I'm hoping i'll be able to keep my mileage use of it relatively low. All mechanical work has been well recorded and everything from my research has been well maintained. Cosmetically it's not perfect... paint is fading on the roof and hood, wheel primer is showing through, but for a 17 year old truck it looks pretty good. Interior has been very well maintained as well. Oh yea.... and it "only" had 97,300 miles when I bought it, and super clean underneath with minimal to no rust.

My brother is a mechanic and a Toyota guy so I usually help him and pay him in cold beer to work on my cars. Eventually I'll get new wheels and tires for it, would love to do a NAV delete/ upgrade, but that process looks to be quite an ordeal. For now I'll keep in bone stock until it's time for new tires.

I've search for "roof rack end caps" and haven't been able to find anything on here other than at a dealer which are 100+ bucks each... could anyone point me in the right direction? Also, would love to find a rear air deflector spoiler as well... Looking forward to learning more about upgrades, mods, and useful information from this forum.
Thanks!
IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

Hi from Charleston. Nice truck and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you got a big score with such a low mileage example. My 2004 was missing the rear roof rack caps when i bought it. I ending up buying a complete used roofrack from someone here on the forums to get the endcaps. I ended up using only the rear two, so I still have the front two i would part with. let me know

Hi from Charleston. Nice truck and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you got a big score with such a low mileage example. My 2004 was missing the rear roof rack caps when i bought it. I ending up buying a complete used roofrack from someone here on the forums to get the endcaps. I ended up using only the rear two, so I still have the front two i would part with. let me know
Yea man that be awesome! I believe they should fit

Looks like you have the "newer" model rack with the bigger covers, I had to buy them a few times, either bc they were lost or stolen. Never found an aftermarket option for them, so always ordered from partsouq. $$$ but cheaper than local dealer even after shipping. Good opportunity to remove the bolts holding the rack and teflon them to avoid leaks from those areas.

Nice find!

Looks like you have the "newer" model rack with the bigger covers, I had to buy them a few times, either bc they were lost or stolen. Never found an aftermarket option for them, so always ordered from partsouq. $$$ but cheaper than local dealer even after shipping. Good opportunity to remove the bolts holding the rack and teflon them to avoid leaks from those areas.

Nice find!
Thanks. Haven't searched partsouq until now but looks like the cheaper alternative for sure

That's some low miles! I'm guessing it's an 06/07 judging by your headlights. Nice vehicle, congrats.

Hi from Nashville, Huge congrats on the purchase! You will enjoy it, and welcome.

Congrats.

Almost a year later, I hit my next oil change, and got my Cruiser to the 100K mark. Figured I do all my fluids as well as the oil this time for peace of mind. Front and rear diff, transfer case, new spark plugs, and changed out my heater Ts for some brass ones. Got my hands on a cheap set of the Tundra TRD wheels and got those mounted with some BFG KO2s and cranked the torsion bars. Looking forward to 100k more miles! I love this thing!

I'd love to replace my nav unit screen with a new screen. Current one is pretty faded from being a Florida car most its life. Not looking to do a nav delete, just a screen. Wondering if anyone has some guidance?? Down the line I think i'll look more into the Grom v-line, as an option for CarPlay.

Cheers!

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg
IMG_7347.jpg
IMG_7649.jpg
IMG_7622.jpg

Looks great. LOW milage, wow. Was it fairly easy to get the dust caps on the fronts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom