New to LandCruisers Check Engine Light Came On (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got a 96 Land Cruiser about two weeks ago. The motor shaped light came on today. It has 148,000 and change on it. Do I need to take it to a Toyota dealer?
Thanks for the help

125250 said:
I just got a 96 Land Cruiser about two weeks ago. The motor shaped light came on today. It has 148,000 and change on it. Do I need to take it to a Toyota dealer?
Thanks for the help

That saying right there reallly scares me.

Any trouble driving? Stuttering, stalling, pinging, poor gas mileage, poor acceleration? Thats pretty vauge.....if we are to help you we need a little more info. Otherwise a trip to a reputable shop is in order.

If you're feeling good and would like to learn a little about your truck-let us help and give you some background info so you don't throw away you're money at a Stealership or backstabbing shop-reputable may be hard to come by-or otherwise impossible.

At least give some of the info listed above and maybe we can walk you thorugh a diagnostic-so when you do take it in (if you want to) you know what to ask for and what to refuse.

Usually these "lights" are minor. First thing is first though-check your owners manual for the 'EFI fuse" -find it and with the engine off take the fuse out for about 10 seconds. Replace it and then re-start the truck-if the light comes back on it is a definite maintenance indicator-if it doesn't it could have been a blip for some reason.

Maybe a 8/92 + FZJ owner will pipe in here soon about the EFI fuse in the 1FZ

I asked the same thing a while back.... here is a thread with some good information... Welcome to the forum... there is a search feature on it that will help you find information on almost any help you need... most of it is good stuff...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=35564

Cheers

runs great

It runs flawlessly.

Where are you located? Got a buddy with an OBDII scanner? if not go to an Autozone they will scan it for free.... then tell us the code.....

will go to autozone

Thanks I forgot about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom