New to land cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

drop the running board is by far the easiest and cheapest upgrade you'll do, trust me.

This pic is the result of the slee 2.5'' lift with 285/65/18 on tundra wheels. Pure sexyness as far as i am concerned. But the other posters are correct, springs and crankin the TB is cheaper and will get you additional height.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

is cranking it pretty easy?

really the wrong person to answer that question. I've never done it personally and i'm no mechanic, but do a few searches and you should find that numerous MUDers have. There may even be a few "how to" threads floating around.

laxaholic - you need to get your search on... think the same concept as google when you don't know the answer to something; right here on the MUD site! everything you can think of right now has likely been discussed every other week especially ?'s you have right after purchasing a new LC... Don't forget to visit the FAQ part of the 100 section... You will find answers to most of your questions right in there...

@Griffin. I assume you bought the tires before you did teh lift? seems you should go to larger tires to make the lift make more sense? But I REALLY like that height! very purposeful

nah, i bought the tundy 18's a few weeks ago, then the lift, and then had to wait for install. My plan was to add the lift, new wheels and new tires all the same day. Removing the rear shocks took longer than expected, as customary, plus Kaufman's alignment tool broke. In short, i did the lift, new wheels, and new tires over the course of a few days.

but yeah, i went from 270/70/16s to 285/65/18s, so the tires got bigger minus a lil loss in sidewall...which i can't even notice. And besides, I couldn't find the TGs with a size 70 sidewall and was worried the 75s would look too much like a Tonka Truck.

With the kit and wheels i got around 4.5'' in total lift. I can sit indian style in front of the rockers and see underneath no problem. I'm using the handle grip to pull myself in. Love it. Doing the lift before the sliders was on purpose, as i am hoping to use the added stress of climbing into the rig as proof to wifey that "we need sliders now". ;)

My build thread here https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...t-tlc-first-post-im-loving-2.html#post6617657 and shows the various wheels/height

The pics dont do my ride the justice of seeing it in person, guess that goes for a lot of things. Bit I'm hoping to find some dirt this weekend and will take more.

When you're messing with the torsion bars be careful not to damage this thing on the frame rail:

attachment.php

Bad things will happen.

what is that??
I saw it hanging down once I took the steps off

I took the sidesteps off this weekend and am in the process of changing out speakers.

Keeps aliens from controlling your hundy

so is it cool to take off?:wrench:

It's a harmonic balancer. Supposed to reduce engine vibrations at idle in the cabin. Most who have taken it off report no difference. So yes, remove it at will. If there is any adverse change you can always bring in a forklift and put it back on. :)

If you're going to be towing boats that size on a regular basis, maybe either upgrade your suspension or at least add an airbag kit. I occasionally tow my dad's friend's boat with my Cruiser with the stock set up, and it does fine, I just take it slow (32' Center Console twin outboards...very nice boat haha).

And for mods, since you carry scuba gear you said, I'd invest in either a roof rack or some sort of pull out system in the back to haul all the tanks. My dad was a diver for 12 years, and he drove an old Grand Wagoneer. He was always hauling at least 20 tanks in the back, and it beat the interior up pretty badly. Also I took out my third row to give myself some more room in the back for hauling originally...but then ended up filling up that empty space with subwoofers haha :lol:...

Also, I added a back-up camera to make it easier to hook up trailers by myself. Bought a NavsGo GPS system with blue tooth backup camera, and it works great.

And as far as the torsion bar lift...it's super easy. Just did it today actually. Raised my front about an inch and three quarters to delete that stinkbug stance.

there is still a few things i want to get done soon to my 100.

i want to take off the roof rack (not really sure how yet) and either paint it or rhino line it because all the paint is coming off.

do the led interior lights, etc etc

i was also thinking about painting my rims black, but im not sure how it would look

there is still a few things i want to get done soon to my 100.

i want to take off the roof rack (not really sure how yet) and either paint it or rhino line it because all the paint is coming off.

do the led interior lights, etc etc

i was also thinking about painting my rims black, but im not sure how it would look

the rack has bolts t-25 under the feet. the caps pull off.

LED interior is the best bang for your buck at this piont.

black rims on a silver truck :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :cool: :grinpimp:

attachment.php

i really like your truck.

the rims look great, just straight flat black paint?

i was tihnking about doing the grill as well.

how did u do the line that runs down the side of the truck near the bottom? mines so worn out and faded.

I have semi-gloss wheels with color matched emblems, I sprayed only the chrome and emblem on the grill with flat black paint and did a dark grey stripe down the side. Which is all getting re-done in the next few weeks.

Rims and Tires:

attachment.php

that looks really good, howd u keep the emblem on the cap silver?
i like the semi gloss tho, do u like the grill flat black? im going to try and do that at some point soon

that looks really good, howd u keep the emblem on the cap silver?
i like the semi gloss tho, do u like the grill flat black? im going to try and do that at some point soon

I do like the flat black grill. Works well with the bumper. I painted the center caps, took some toyota touch up paint and brushed it on by hand. It's a exact color match and looks pretty cool in the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom