New To High Desert Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm going to formally introduce myself to those who may not already know me. My name is Paul, and I have a mostly stock '75 FJ40. I'm a step or two away from registration. I spent the last two years bringing it up to where it is now. I swapped the engine, suspension, brakes. I repaired the wiring harness, and worked on many other projects, some of which dead-ended. There remains much to still be done, like the windshield, front axle inner seals, tires and wheels. This is my second FJ40; the first one I sold in 2004.

IMG_20191106_075313.jpg

GEDC1662.JPG

IMG_20190521_183606.jpg

IMG_20191106_075508.jpg

Excellent!!

Welcome Paul!

Good to hear it will be on the road soon Paul, I have been working on my 63' lately, finally just installed an original steering wheel. Let's go cruising sometime soon, maybe Tetilla peak area west of S.F.?

Gabriel

Looks good. Nice license plate too!

Good to hear it will be on the road soon Paul, I have been working on my 63' lately, finally just installed an original steering wheel. Let's go cruising sometime soon, maybe Tetilla peak area west of S.F.?

Gabriel
I can hardly wait to do some exploring on the Caja del Rio. There is a ton to discover out there. Here is a little gem that I would like to visit in that area. And, I am pretty certain that the road from La Cienega to La Bajada parallels the old Camino Real trail ruts, with visible artifacts from the early days of auto travel. Also, one of those power lines, which originates from the plant near Bernalillo, kinda matches historical citation surrounding the original construction of Los Alamos lab.

I think I spotted you in Santa Fe one day, last year. I was on my bicycle, at lunch, near Ohori's on Pen Road, I saw a 40, and heard a V8, you were fueling up next door. The truck looked just like the one in the September/October 2019 of Toyota Trails.

Your '63, does it have an offset rear differential with early transfer case?
-Paul

Your '63, does it have an offset rear differential with early transfer case?
-Paul
[/QUOTE]
Yes, all pretty stock except kelly green paint.
I may have been to that spot , seems familiar.

Nice embossed bezel! those didn't come on 75's. I have an old original one from a buddy over 20 years ago that hangs in my garage.

@BionicCruiser I vaguely recall going on a trail ride with you back in the day, like 18 years ago, Cedro Peak in spring, with Lurch in his 4Runner. Is that correct?

That was @SteveLCetc with his 1st Gen 4Runner but we did go to Bionics house to get some parts if I remember right...

I have only bicycled Cedro. coming to my house for parts sounds very likely... My wife laments my cruiser parts junk yard. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom