new to forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
new to forum *Updated with picture*

Ok
Just purchased a 1987 toyota land cruiser 102000 miles.Everything works
problem where the water is stored for the light washer and window washer
the plastic tanks ? are dried out cracked and falling apart.Where do i go for new or used tanks.Live in AZ think that 119 temp is hard on plastic.
ANY help would be apreciated
Thanks All
John

Last edited:
Welcome to the board...

I would recommed looking in teh for sale section here or posting in the wanted section first...

Lots of people parting out trucks and might have what you wan t cheaper than new...

If you want new get a hold of cruiser dan...check the vendoe section for his info.

Enjoy the truck...I love my 87...

Just thought i'd attach a picture of the new(to me) truck

attachment.php

Mynewtruck.jpg

Looks good. Congrats and welcome. :beer:

FOr the parts you need, the only other suggestion I have is taht sometimes you can find stuff on EBay. But if you look inthe FOr Sale part of this board, good chance you might find what you need.

Fred

sor.com is always good to buy good parts.
A little spendy sometimes though.
Nice truck, looks good!

Some other options:
cruiserparts.net. Good guys, busy, don't always answer their phone, but give good service, and parts (while used and dirty) are functional and a good value.

the dealer - shop around, some try to rake you, some are reasonable about their prices.

Used will be lots cheaper, and prolly work great. Used requires time/patience, new requires more cash, but is fast and will work perfect.

When you replace the tanks, don't forget to get the seals where the pump/hose attach to the tank.

I've been establishing a relationship with my local Toyota parts counter. They rarely have anything in stock for my FJ60, but it usually only takes a couple of days for parts to be delivered and the guys that know me give me a decent discount. If you know the part number, I use this web site (1st Toyota Parts ) to see if parts are availlable. I've never ordered from 1st Toyota Parts, and my local dealer doesn't believe the prices, but my local guy tries to come as close as he can.

2mbb said:
When you replace the tanks, don't forget to get the seals where the pump/hose attach to the tank.

I've been establishing a relationship with my local Toyota parts counter. They rarely have anything in stock for my FJ60, but it usually only takes a couple of days for parts to be delivered and the guys that know me give me a decent discount. If you know the part number, I use this web site (1st Toyota Parts ) to see if parts are availlable. I've never ordered from 1st Toyota Parts, and my local dealer doesn't believe the prices, but my local guy tries to come as close as he can.

I have ordered many times from 1sttoyotaparts.com(also known as Bob Bridge Toyota) and it's cheap and fast. Example: New distributor:"msrp":$530,1st price:$373...etc. They even paid return shipping when they accidentally sent me the wrong choke cable.

just-john said:
Is this thing screaming for bigger tires or what?

SCREAMING KICKING CRYING WHANTING NEEDING :flipoff2:

just kidding bud, welcome to ih8mud you'll find that this forum will be very informative!!! pretty much everything you'll need 4 your rig can be found from one of the vendors who adv. on this forum.. i.e. (Urban Land Cruisers) you'll also find that with a little a patients searching through the plethora of info you can find the answer to pretty much all your cruiser questions.. and if your stumped were all here to help! with whatever knowledge we can offer etc. etc.

LONG LIVE IH8MUD! :cheers:

btw I'm dying 4 some 33" on my rig I'm currently running 31" -there not bad very practical but 4 that rugged bad ass 4x4 all terrain go anywhere kick but and take names look and capability you'll at least need 33's imop! :grinpimp:

Last edited:
I may be able to help you. Send me a PM.

Welcome!

Sweet and clean 60! Got any interior pics? That way I know what a clean interior looks like!!!

Sweet looking 87, I just started with my 85 FJ60 and this forum is like therapy. Go with 31s

Nice truck! I am a relatively new owner of an FJ60 also ('84 model) and had the stock rims/tires... then went to 31's. Acceleration wasn't any worse but the truck was certainly a better off roader and looked 10x better.

After installing an OME (Old Man Emu) Dakkar 2" lift kit (springs/shackles/bushings/shocks) the truck rides better than ever. I did 33x12.5's at the same time with the stock 3:70 gears. It really isn't noticeably slower than the 31's.... The truck looks perfect for my needs. Time for paint though! A V8 conversion in the future with overdrive transmission.

Is that your original paint? It looks awesome for it being an AZ truck. The bumpers looks mint... that dry desert air preserved that truck nicely. Good luck and with only 102K on the clock your FJ60 should provide you with another 100K worth of enjoyment with regular maintenance. These trucks aren't fast or fuel efficient... but they do run forever! I would replace any and all weathered or cracked hoses under the hood. Change the fluid in the diffs, trans, trans case to start with a clean slate if you haven't already.

-Mark

nice rig, very clean and straight.

NOW LIFT IT AND PUT SOME DENTS IN IT!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom