New to diesel!

A few years back I owned an '84 FJ60 and after having to sell it, I knew I would be back to this forum if it cost me an arm and a leg. That being said, I picked up an '83 BJ60 with a little cancer from Ontario recently and I am STOKED. However, I don't have much experience working on diesels. Haven't taken it in for an inspection at Overland Cruisers yet but I took it to the Madison today and it ran like a dream! Any tips for a diesel newbie? I changed the oil yesterday and put Rosella T4 in with some BG oil supplement and did a diesel fuel additive treatment so I think that'll help for now but any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

P.S. If you see the rig on the road, give me a big ole middle finger!

IMG_6038.jpeg

A few years back I owned an '84 FJ60 and after having to sell it, I knew I would be back to this forum if it cost me an arm and a leg. That being said, I picked up an '83 BJ60 with a little cancer from Ontario recently and I am STOKED. However, I don't have much experience working on diesels. Haven't taken it in for an inspection at Overland Cruisers yet but I took it to the Madison today and it ran like a dream! Any tips for a diesel newbie? I changed the oil yesterday and put Rosella T4 in with some BG oil supplement and did a diesel fuel additive treatment so I think that'll help for now but any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

P.S. If you see the rig on the road, give me a big ole middle finger!

View attachment 3055052

I saw you today turning onto jackrabbit I think. I was in a two tone dark green and grey 80 on 35's with rtt. Welcome back to the cruiser world!

3_puppies

SILVER Star
was that the one on craigslist?

Welcome @Concrete bring that big pile out to our monthly meeting this Tuesday! (kidding, loving the old iron man) but we would be STOKED to meet you.

Man! I moved from Bozeman a bit ago. Wish this happened when I was out there (in Ohio now)! Have a ‘85 BJ60 myself. Could have commiserated on running 35 with flashers up the passes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom