new to cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Have an 85 4runner right now, but am looking to trade up for my first landcruiser 60 series wagon, and I have a bit of a dilemma. I have it narrowwed down to 2. first one is a 3 hour drive from my house, has the I6, is automatic and has about 235000 km for $4500. Other one is about a 10 hour drive away, has the 6 cyl diesel, 5 speed, and a 2.5' oem lift with 314000 km, for $6000. Other wise, both are in similar condition. Need a daily driver that will get me out to the campsite. I am looking for some advice on whether it is worth the extra time and money for the diesel, or if the I6 is a damn good engine too. As well, does anyone know how many liters in an I6?

The automatic is an FJ 62. I don't thing they every made the FJ - 60's with auto.

The 2F is a good reliable engine with minimal maintenance requirements.

Check the maintnance on both rigs. Has the front end been gone through, when was the last new clutch, etc

Either will rust in the funniest places. Check the A pilla. This is the outer corners of the top of the windshield. Open the door and look in that area. They also rust around the wheel wells.

I don't know diddle about the diesel.

Hello and welcome. The in-line 6 2F motor is 4.2L. I'd go for the diesel. Find out specifically what engine is in it and ask about in the diesel section here.

Look at and drive both and see which one you like better.

Actually if the first one has an automatic, then the engine would be the fuel injected 4.0 L 3FE. Personally I like the diesel. It already has a suspension lift which retails for between $1000 - $1500. Plus you will get better gas mileage with the diesel. Rust is the biggest issue I would check into.

If the conditions are equal get the diesel.... Hey, that rymed!

Ya, the diesel is looking like the better deal. Just wish it was closer, as a trip to vancouver from calgary, only to find something unexpected would really suck

Yes it would suck. You might try and find someone here who could give it a short preliminary look over for you. There is a lot of folks in B.C.

If in similar shape the diesel with a lift is well worth it, if it is in the budget

Hmm, got some undercarriage pics from the diesel, and shes looking pretty rusty underneath. The gas one apparently has almost no rust underneath... maybe leaning more that way now, or might wait for the right diesel to come along...:confused:

i live in vancouver if you need help pm me
aaron

Offer is greatly appreciated, the van crusier i was interested in sold, but if I find another one out there i will be sure to take you up on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom