New to cruisers, new to mud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I've been in the 'burgh for a few years now, ever since coming to Pitt for undergrad, but just recently purchased a '92 HZJ77 from a family member in British Columbia. I'll be flying out to import it, and drive it across the country, in February, and I look forward to meeting all of you in the coming months as I'm initiated into this awesome lifestyle and progress on modifying it for my needs.

I intend to build the cruiser up to be a light expedition and touring vehicle, capable of some wheeling but this is not my primary interest. Have already been collecting tools to kit the rig and materials for a minimalist drawer and solar build... can't be more excited about this truck!

I have a lot of experience building bicycles and in solo/long distance backpacking, and am always looking for new friends to do these things with in the area, so send me a PM if you're ever looking for somebody to take a bike ride with or a hiking trip. I head down to dolly sods/Mon National Forest and up to ANF frequently throughout the year (yes, even in the snow). I'm also one of the hammock camper types, if that's anybody else's cup of tea.

I look forward to meeting everyone and becoming involved in our community.

edit: if anyone is on instagram, you can find me as thepedalingpoet

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I've been in the 'burgh for a few years now, ever since coming to Pitt for undergrad, but just recently purchased a '92 HZJ77 from a family member in British Columbia. I'll be flying out to import it, and drive it across the country, in February, and I look forward to meeting all of you in the coming months as I'm initiated into this awesome lifestyle and progress on modifying it for my needs.

I intend to build the cruiser up to be a light expedition and touring vehicle, capable of some wheeling but this is not my primary interest. Have already been collecting tools to kit the rig and materials for a minimalist drawer and solar build... can't be more excited about this truck!

I have a lot of experience building bicycles and in solo/long distance backpacking, and am always looking for new friends to do these things with in the area, so send me a PM if you're ever looking for somebody to take a bike ride with or a hiking trip. I head down to dolly sods/Mon National Forest and up to ANF frequently throughout the year (yes, even in the snow). I'm also one of the hammock camper types, if that's anybody else's cup of tea.

I look forward to meeting everyone and becoming involved in our community.

edit: if anyone is on instagram, you can find me as thepedalingpoet
Welcome MPUGS,
I live in Pittsburgh and am always looking for folks interested in exploring the ANF and WV.
Keep me posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom