New to cruisers, looking for some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new to the cruiser world (car world in general) and looking for some help. I've owned my 88 FJ62 for a few months now. It's got an intermittent starting issue. I think I've got it narrowed down to a grounding issue. See my thread here: 88 FJ62 Slam the door and it starts??

I've started trying to locate the loose/bad ground but haven't had a ton of success due to my limited knowledge. I'm having trouble even locating all the grounds. And am having trouble testing them with a multimeter. It's all new to me. I don't think this issue is bad enough to take into the shop. But wondering if one of you might be willing to lend me a hand on my first car repair?

Kevin

I'm new to the cruiser world (car world in general) and looking for some help. I've owned my 88 FJ62 for a few months now. It's got an intermittent starting issue. I think I've got it narrowed down to a grounding issue. See my thread here: 88 FJ62 Slam the door and it starts??

I've started trying to locate the loose/bad ground but haven't had a ton of success due to my limited knowledge. I'm having trouble even locating all the grounds. And am having trouble testing them with a multimeter. It's all new to me. I don't think this issue is bad enough to take into the shop. But wondering if one of you might be willing to lend me a hand on my first car repair?

Kevin
I see your in Bham. Glad to take a look at it and help you diagnose. What part of town are you in? My first cruiser was an 88 fj62

Starter contacts?

Thanks to the local guys who reached on the main thread. Narrowed it down to loose ignition fuse. Cranks and starts just fine now. A very easy fix if it continues to crank and start over the next couple of days. Don't know if this should really count as my first repair. But I'm claiming it. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom