1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to 4 wheeling

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by joefj, Aug 9, 2005.

1. joefj

joefj

i just joined this forum tonight and had a few questions. i bought a 76 fj40 about 5 months ago and have been fixing it up w/ saginaw,shackle reversal,2.5" springs, locker in rear, 383 stroker under hood, 32x11.5 at tires, stainless brake lines and hoses and various other mods. to the question: i went trail riding w/ some hard core jeeps and noticed that with their large aggressive tires and huge lifts they were not doing any better then the fj40 was doing. while they had to finess through obstackles with their 4 bangers and light chasis, i had to power through without any grace. two of the three jeeps were broken by the end of the day and i was fine. are these the qualities of an fj , was i lucky , my skills are minimal but based on good judgement or is this thing tough as hell?

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Welcome.

Chalk it up to dumb luck, and call it good. Anything else will only steer you in a poor direction.

Everyone has issues, no matter what the vehicle, Toyota included.

Good luck!

-Steve