New to 3rd gens (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just swapped axels for some extended travel/heavy duty axles. Crossing my fingers they hold up 🤞🏾

F370AD0A-9269-4C16-AE06-2B23321DFDA1.jpeg

C5401448-A106-4AAA-B595-D692D048DFAA.jpeg

Last edited:
And when you do the radiator slap on a separate transmission cooler. Avoid having a milkshake like a friend did. Very expensive repair.

That radiator looks like its at its lifes end as well. This is a clean truck though, but why downsize in platforms?
lol. it does look pretty worn in the pics but there aren't any stress cracks. or leaks. as for downsizing, honestly, it was boredom coupled with wanting to save on gas. i had 2 GX's and spent 800 a month in fuel just to go back and forth to work. after about 6 months without an offroad vehicle i decided on the 3rd gen, the GX market is so saturated and i wanted to do something different. lifted and still getting around 16-18mpgs . but now i drive my wifes EV back and forth to work. lol

Managed to do some wheeling this past weekend and test out the new set up. did not disappoint! but I was more impressed on what this thing can do in 2wd. didn't need 4lo once. to be fair, most of citrus park has now been flattened out.

Citrus_1.jpg

Citrus_2.jpg

Citrus_3.jpg

Citrus_4.jpg

Citrus_5.jpg

Last edited:
will do! thank you for the tips! would you happen to have any good places you'd recommend to score the cooler from?
Here's an informative thread. I threw on a B&M 70264 a few years ago, I think simply because it was cheaper. It seems you can't go wrong with that or the Hayden option. The 4Runner's looking proper, glad it's being used well!

TheRealGwagon,
I finally installed my Dobinsons setup over the last few days - it did not go as planned. :(
Please check your messages when you have a moment.

Andreas

Got the wheels to fit. was also to take it off the path behind the house into the woods and it did well. the 4.30 moves 285/75r17's well. it rubs like hell but only in the front. so i ordered a Coastal Off-road bumper for it. hoping to get it on next week.

pinch weld.jpg

trim.jpg

lift.jpg

runna1.jpg

wheel.jpg

Time for a new front bumper....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom