New TLC owner and soon new LSLC member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 78 FJ40 last weekend and intend to join the LSLC group at the next meeting at Papas in Dallas.

I look forward to seeing some more cruisers, the people that own them might be alright too.

:)

http://www.nikkianderic.com/default.aspx?page=ImageBrowser.ascx&path=/pics/Land Cruiser

You can check out some Pics of BAM BAM there. I am interested in feedback on some of those pics. Particularly the one that shows the bent drivers side shackle mount. I am hoping that will be a relatively easy fix, but I wanna know what you think.

I am putting a new Exhaust on it today. Hopefully I'll finish today too. I am trying to clean things up as I remove them. I didn't realize I was going to have to dismantle the entire engine to put new headers on. :)

I bought the FJ in Louisianna and the environment down there took its toll. The rear door sill is completely toast. The bottoms of the doors are a little rough. The tub is in bad shape too. Oh well I am willing to put in the time, effort and money to restore it and improve upon the greatness that is the TLC.

AS LONG AS THE FRAME IS SOLID, CUT IT OFF AND WELD A NEW ONE ON, IF THE FRAME IS AS RUSTY AS THE REST OF THE TRUCK, GOOD LUCK.
Dsc00873.jpg

Welcome! Looks like a nice truck. Are you in DFW? Where? Lots of help available...

Welcome, e-man. Does it run? Drive it to the meeting and there will be lots of people that can tell you how to spend your money. ;) :D

Welcome. Uh, ICBM 5 is in September...you'll need to have her ready for that. See you at the meeting...

The frame does have some rust but I think it will be alright.

Yeah it runs and drives but it is not legal yet.

Now there is no need to get ugly. :) She was just a little mistreated.

Unfortunately it sat in somebody's drive way for years in, gulp, New Orleans. The PO didn't drive it much if at all in the last many years. He also took ALL of the molding and seals out of the body parts so the carpet inside the tub sat soaked in Water in New Orleans.

I intend to get it legal and then drive it and have fun with it for a year or two. Then I will do a complete frame off and probably replace the entire body with a new steel one. I have strongly considered Aluminum, but it seems many people take issue with that. Once I am through having fun with it I figured 35-40k will get me a nice running, nice performing, somewhat good looking Cruiser.

I have many plans right now that all may change, but none-the-less I think this cruiser is the coolest thing I have ever owned. 2nd is the new compressor I bought so I could work on the new cruiser without running out of air! :) And the new Welder I plan to buy, again for working on the cruiser will be a favored toy as well.

I can weld with a wire feed on new metal and have done some braising, but other than that I don't know what I am doing. I am gonna take some classes at TCC or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom