New Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of buying a set of 20" x 9.5" rims (like on the sport Tundra) but the only A/T tire I can find is a 285 x 55 x 20. Will these be to wide for my '95 Land Cruiser without a lift???

I just got some 22s to drop it down some. It is :grinpimp: but I didn't put AT tires on.

Should be fine--given the wheels are the correct offset.

The outside half of the rim will be fine. The inside clearance will be reduced by about 34mm. I would crawl under there to see what might be of interference--especially when fully turned and suspensions compressed. If worse comes to worse, you could get wheel spacers.

New Tires / Sizes

I've done a little more research. Man, 20" A/T tires are hard to find and EXPENSIVE. Anyway, found some NITTO Terra Grappler 305 x 50 x 20. Anyone running these and do you think they'll fit???

FLCRUIZER said:
I'm thinking of buying a set of 20" x 9.5" rims

Why?

Cry havoc, and unleash the dogs of war!

I guess the reason is a found a set of Enkei rims (same ones as on the Tundra sport) new in the box for $450.00 (for all 4) from a guy local. The lowest price I've seen on these rims is $290.00 each. Just a deal I can't pass up. "But honey, I saved $750.00!"

Last edited:
Someone please post pics! I am about to purchase a set of these 20" Enkei's from a Tundra and need to see how they fit without spacers on the LX450..
thanks!

I know it's obligatory to give him some $h!z over the dubs, but consider this:

Many here run 33s, whether in the 12.50 or 285 variety.
That is 8.5 inches of sidewall on a 16" rim.

For that same sidewall on a 20" rim, one would need a 37" tire.
So one would have the clearance of a 37" tire offroad while having the very streetable sidewall of a 33" tire. Biased toward street, I know, but no less sidewall and a lot more clearance offroad than the 33s.

The offset is 15. Do you think it will work?

Also, make sure that the wheel's center bore will clear 80's hubs (4.25"). Otherwise, you will need a set of spacers.

OK... I picked up the set mentioned above off a Tundra with the sport 20" rim Enkei package. The guy measured the diameter of the center bore and it said it was over 4-1/8"... So I measured my stock rim and it looked right around 4-1/8 to 4-1/4" (or right under)... Well I get home and try to mount the rear and it doesn't clear the hub .... almost but I need about an 1/8- 1/4" more room.... I measured the back space of the rim to where the base of the lugs (whatever you call that) and it 's about over 2" needed for a spacer... CRAP!!!!!!
:mad:

So my only option is to buy 3" spacers or if they make 2.5" spacers.... Trail- Gear makes 3" but Slee only offers 1.5"

Anyone has any 3" spacer with nuts laying around that they want to sell??

email me biaggi@nc.rr.com since my PM's don't seem to be coming through.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Steve- 96 LX450

Last edited:
drums???? on a 96 lx, this is new to me or mistaken identity.

CJ80:

Alright so I am a noob and I didn't use the right terminology... I was typing fast to get a quick and 'valid' response from a forum member and not some BS.... So do you have any knowledgeable input that will help? :hmm:

It looks like the 06 Tundra has a 106.mm hub and my 96 LX450 has 108mm, thus the rim not fitting... So I need to find out which size wheel spacers I need. If a 1.5 " works and the rim won't hit the hub, I'm fine, but I doubt the 1.5" will suffice and it looks like I need at least <2.5" space, which TG only offers 2 and 3" and no 2.5". Also the 3" will put the rims/tires about 2" past the flares, which I would not want..... So I am in a pickle with these Enkei's..

Last edited:
CJ80:

Alright so I am a noob and I didn't use the right terminology... I was typing fast to get a quick and 'valid' response from a forum member and not some BS.... So do you have any knowledgeable input that will help? :hmm:

It looks like the 06 Tundra has a 106.mm hub and my 96 LX450 has 108mm, thus the rim not fitting... So I need to find out which size wheel spacers I need. If a 1.5 " works and the rim won't hit the hub, I'm fine, but I doubt the 1.5" will suffice and it looks like I need at least <2.5" space, which TG only offers 2 and 3" and no 2.5". Also the 3" will put the rims/tires about 2" past the flares, which I would not want..... So I am in a pickle with these Enkei's..

Don't take it personal. There are a variety of these trucks with new to me configurations popping up from time to time. My 94 has rear drums while most do not.
I have so far stuck to the norm and kept my 16" wheels and haven't seriously considered changing so I couldn't tell you for sure what you'd need. My suggestion is to sell the Tundra rims and keep your LX's. You will have a much easier time finding tires and if you got those Tundra wheels for less than they are worth then you can make a little money. Put them in the mud classifieds and somebody will buy them.
I'm not 100% sure but those wheel spacers in the 3" variety might put some added stress on your knuckles but don't quote me on that. Best of luck.

OK... I picked up the set mentioned above off a Tundra with the sport 20" rim Enkei package. The guy measured the diameter of the center bore and it said it was over 4-1/8"... So I measured my stock rim and it looked right around 4-1/8 to 4-1/4" (or right under)... Well I get home and try to mount the rear and it doesn't clear the hub .... almost but I need about an 1/8- 1/4" more room.... I measured the back space of the rim to where the base of the lugs (whatever you call that) and it 's about over 2" needed for a spacer... CRAP!!!!!!
:mad:

So my only option is to buy 3" spacers or if they make 2.5" spacers.... Trail- Gear makes 3" but Slee only offers 1.5"

Anyone has any 3" spacer with nuts laying around that they want to sell??

email me biaggi@nc.rr.com since my PM's don't seem to be coming through.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Steve- 96 LX450

Have to checked out eBay yet?

CJ80:

Take the rims to a machine shop and get them to mill out the centers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom