new tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
since im on a buying/repair spree ( smog pump and brakes) im going to need new tires, especially in the front ( i need to find out why they are wearing thAa way they are, hopfully just the alignment)
anyway....i have stock rims, and need good all-around tires for street, snow, and the occasionally pine barrens sand runs.
any sugestions?

hammer

BFG AT/KO's.....they wear well too

-db-

For what you want, it's a good tire. There are better off-road tires available, but none that will preform well on snow.

I have the Kelly Safari MTX and they are medicre at best. I had the BFG ATs prior to these and they were better. I am leaning towards the firestones destination MTs next. My buddy has cooper mud tires SIPPED on his tundra and they are great in the snow. Sipping will change the manners of any tire and extend tire life by enabling the tire to cool faster.

I heard good things about the Kumho Road Venture AT KL-41. They don't look very agressive but what about the Venture MT? Anyone try these? $118 at Tirerack.com for 33's.

am also looking for a more "manly" stance. on stock rims, with no lift, what is my max size i can go with, without having rubbing problems?

31's if your flexed. Seen guys with 33s and 32s and they will rub at full flex. If you never reach that point then 33's will fit for a grocery getter.

we had the kumho MT's on our 60 all over the western US and Central America.
They worked great and lasted very well. On snow they were mediocre, but I'll bet that with some siping they would be better. In sand they aren't very good, but no MT is great in sand.

As a mild MT or a very aggressive AT, they are a good tire. They do howl when the tread wears down.

They are still on the 40 now and doing ok, but looking pretty old at nearly 50K miles.

I would recommend the BFG KOs because you can get them used for a pretty fair price. A lot of guys get rid of their 31s and 33s as soon as the OME arrives, and they are just sitting in the garage. Do some looking and see if you can find a used set. That's just my thought.

C

I bought a set of 4 32 Goodyear a/t tires at a junk yard for a $150.00 mounted. These tires are in great shape, they still have the blue coating on the lettering. Maybe a 1000 mile on them. So look in a junk yard, or a used tire place. Bargin with them they will come down on the price.

search on the wheat tire size will fit issue. I will tell you it is 33x9.5x15 But I m not fan of the pizza cutters. I have some 33x12.5 BFG MT I bought last year for $75 for the set and the guy met me half way, They have abotu 50-76% tread! Shop round if you arent picky there are some deals out there on used tires.

I really want Goodyear MTR's but they are hards to find used for cheap. And I think I may just stick with the 33's until they wear out or I want to go higher and get 35's.

Oh, those Nitto MT's look awesome, the AT's look ok, but more of a DD grocery getter/somewhat agressive look. Any idea on the price of the MT's?

Thanks stinky that helps, and i found something else...

to answer my own question...

http://www.raingler.com/tech/metricTire.asp

plug in the metric and it gives you H x W. Very handy. The 265/70R17 would be 32x10.5 - not a bad solution w/o a lift...but not what i was looking for.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom