New tire question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the Dunlop Grand Treks (i believe thats the name)....They are practically new but id like something with a little more meat (not a tremendous amount) to them but something that will also maintain a smooth and quiet ride. Is there such an animal? i have had AT Revo's before and loved them but wanted some other opinions..When i go off road, its not mudding, just some climbing but even that isnt super common.

Nitto Terragrapler
Toyo Open Country
Kumho Road Venture AT

I would also give the new goodyear wrangler a look. I have about 5000 miles on mine with no complaits. I was looking for similar characteristics in a tire and they have delivered. Good luck.

Since the wife and I have been thinking of going to a 100 from our 4runner I have been lurking. Saw that there is a guy on Ebay who has 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country's for under $600 a set with free shipping. Looked like a good deal to me!

(Although as a word of caution, his feeback was perfect, but no where on the auction did it say 4 tires.)

I've always like the BFG ATs. Had then on my old pickup and on the 60 now.

I just put on the Yokohama Geolander 285-75R16 on my wifes 01LC and 1 week later was driving through 13"snow. They worked great, plus smooth and quite on the highway trips.

My 99 with lockers has BFG M/T noisy but I wouldnt trade them in off road conditions.

I don't think anyone knows about the Hankook Dynamic RF04 tire. I have these on my 4Runner in 265/75R16 and they ride very quiet and have tons of grip in snow, mud, and loose gravel. The treadwear is excellent. I expect at least 50K from these tires.

I absolutely love the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. I have 285/75/16's on my '99 and they fit perfectly... look good too. I have had them in Tahoe snow, Death Valley Sand, and wet oily Nor Cal roads (first rain in the fall is pretty dabgerous here) and I have never had any issues. I drive pretty aggressively also. I will be trying to find the right size for the '06 when the wife wears out the original set...

happy with nittos

Terra grappler a/t $152 each from dicount tires.295.75.r16 put bfg a/t on my wifes sequoia $176 each 275.70.r16 wallmart.

Don't you have 18" wheels? Bear in mind that the dueller revo's are not available in 18" LT's, only passenger type in P265/70R18 (32.6"x10.7") and P275/65R18's (32.1x11"). The 32.6's will put your gearing 5% off, 32.1's about 3%. I've gone 10% up before on my 4runner..was very noticeable on the hills at 5K ft at freeway speeds, had to regear the diffs. You could go up 5% on your LC, then get OEM '98-'02 LC 4.3 R&P gears to bring you back to stock.

Isn't the new tundra supposed to have 18", 5-spoke wheels? If so, there should be more choices in the future. The Nitto TG's are too wide but not tall enough in the 18" size.

if your on 18's and want to get rid of those dunlops pm me please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom