New timing belt and water pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just had my mechanic finish the timing belt and water pump on my newly purchased 01 LX470 @194,000 miles. Good thing I did this because the water pump was toast. Also inspected the steering rack, cv boots, drive shafts, brakes and rotors while we were under there, and all looks good. I did lose my front drivers side turn signal lens on the way home from Reno last week and cant seem to locate a replacement. Dealer Item? $$$$.

Sorry I don't. "Spider" My mechanic said the Belt and pump had been changed at some point but no documentation as when. That's why I had it done. Cheap insurance. The old belt was glossy on the top but no cracks or major ware on the inside. Water pump was leaking in three locations and whoever replaced it used a cheap paper gasket.

Did you see evidence or know it was leaking before mechanic opened up the engine?

Nope. Had no clue. I was going to put this job on the back burner, but because I purchased it from a "Gypsy" dealership, My trust O meter said "get err done". The Car Fax was clean but I've worked selling cars for folks like this, and I know first hand, that service prior to putting these out on the lot are half a$$ at best. Cheap parts, lipstick and some Armor All disguise a multitude of sins. I noticed it right off because even the new tires he put on are rubbish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom