New Thule Trailer (10 Viewers)

Long shot, but if anyone has one for sale (1500 or 1700) let me know. Western Washington preferred. Looking for something light to tow behind a BJ73

Is this the oldest semi-active thread on Mud???

Just found this forum. I have the larger Thule N3205. Really glad to see everyone's ideas for bike racks, etc. I was looking for replacement gas struts for the trailer top which is what led me here. I just found them at LiftSupportsDepot.com for $19.94 each. Thought I'd post in case others are struggling to find these.

Here is my setupView attachment 2695069

what is the part # for the lid struts. Also,do the new struts secure the lid when it is open,or does the lid want to close on it's own?
Thanks.

After 4 years living abroad in Japan, my family has returned to the USA. Picked up the trailer from my parents home and hauled our stuff back to CT. We plan to do another big family trip out West next summer!
7CBFD03B-7C54-43DD-BC08-D09075AAC595.jpeg

what is the part # for the lid struts. Also,do the new struts secure the lid when it is open,or does the lid want to close on it's own?
Thanks.
Hi, sorry for the late response.

The below are what I used for my trailer and lid, and unfortunately discontinued. I cannot determine if they are similar in dimension to what you have, but they worked for mine and are stouter than the OEM because I have a rack built onto my lid. I think the OEM ones are between 40 and 50 lbs. Suffice it to say that going through all 20 some odd pages of this thread will yield much info if you haven't done so already ;).

Hey everyone. I wonder if one of you can help me with an axle mount question. Is the axle supposed to me mounted so that the bracket straddles the large crossmember in the middle of the trailer? Mine was mounted so the rearward bolt was through the crossmember but the forward mounting hole was well forward of the crossmember. I've taken 3 pretty long trips with the trailer and on this last one the front mounting bolts ripped out of the trailer frame because the metal is fairly light gauge and whoever assembled it put the washers under the thick axle bracket instead of on top of the thinner frame rail. Was lucky I had driven to a Champcar race that weekend and had my mig welder with me. Had to weld it up in the parking lot to get home!

If you can please post a pic of how your axle is mounted. this is the larger 1700 trailer.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2766559

View attachment 2766560
I don't have one - but I can tell you need to upgrade what is there - I'd recommend some 3x4 or 4x4 angle iron to support that thin section getting "sucked down" - Or just some flat 3" plate but an L would get you up on the wall of the frame to spread out the load. Might as well. Similar stress to my Suby-Axle Trailer - with 3/16 C-Channel Frame, it's going on like, 25 years in service as a trailer and doing fine. Geeze no has to be 30 years. Damn I'm old :D

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Just a heads up I will be selling a Thule 1700 next month. Fair/Good used condition. Denver, CO. I've got to get one more trip out of it first :)
I still love the thing, but as the family grows, I just need something a little bigger. I'll pull it out of the garage and get some pics together if there's interest.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
!

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Just a heads up I will be selling a Thule 1700 next month. Fair/Good used condition. Denver, CO. I've got to get one more trip out of it first :)
I still love the thing, but as the family grows, I just need something a little bigger. I'll pull it out of the garage and get some pics together if there's interest.
Please PM contact information when available, many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom