New Taco owner in Rapid City, SD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, new Taco owner here. Just purchased a 2019 Taco SR 4wd.

Looking to do some slight “modifications” as this is my daily and plan to use on weekend to hit light/mod trails in the Black Hills.

I did have a quick question and I saw this posted someplace else regarding the transmission shift. I came from a F-250 and Frontier before this and noticed the shifting can be “ rough” sometimes. Wasn’t sure if this was a Taco thing or something needs to be reset? Any tips would be appreciated!

Look forward to seeing what this forum has to offer

It’s a Taco thing. There is a TSB out about it but I don’t think it fixes much (my came from the factory with the TSB in place and I still don’t like the way it shifts). One of my most disappointing things about the truck. A lot of folks end up going with a KDMax or OVTune to address this. I’ve heard good things but haven’t done it yet.

It’s a Taco thing. There is a TSB out about it but I don’t think it fixes much (my came from the factory with the TSB in place and I still don’t like the way it shifts). One of my most disappointing things about the truck. A lot of folks end up going with a KDMax or OVTune to address this. I’ve heard good things but haven’t done it yet.
Thanks @Reedo311 . Would an ECU flash possibly fix it? I’ve heard it works on some trucks, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Hard shifts could be fluid level. Do the wacky steps to check the fluid.
There's a lot of info on TW, if you can handle pussy**** moderators over there.

Hard shifts could be fluid level. Do the wacky steps to check the fluid.
There's a lot of info on TW, if you can handle pussys*** moderators over there.
It’s not so much hard shifts, it seems like it picks whatever gear it pleases. It’s not consistent either, sometimes i can drive all day and no issues and other times it can do it once or twice. Nothing major just wasn’t sure if this was “normal”

It’s not so much hard shifts, it seems like it picks whatever gear it pleases. It’s not consistent either, sometimes i can drive all day and no issues and other times it can do it once or twice. Nothing major just wasn’t sure if this was “normal”
Normal? it could be. Take the ground cable off the battery for a few minutes, and let the truck relearn your style of driving. After a few hours of driving, it will act differently.

Also, we need pics of your new truck.:bounce:

Normal? it could be. Take the ground cable off the battery for a few minutes, and let the truck relearn your style of driving. After a few hours of driving, it will act differently.

Also, we need pics of your new truck.:bounce:
10-4 I will definitely give that a try this weekend and see what happens. Thank you for the info.

Here’s a pic from last weekend, took the dogs out to the prairie and let the run wild! I will say I do like the fold down seat in the back for the dogs, makes a comfortable ride and easy cleanup.

8BD4336D-4ED2-4F6F-A902-0802AD080D31.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom