New Taco Owner in Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know, Tacos in Colorado are pretty rare...lol. But this is my first Toyota truck in 27 years (had a new '94 4Runner) and I'm wondering why I waited so long.

I just picked up a '21 Tacoma TRD OR in late July and have been busy looking for ways to add "practical" mods without upsetting the wife.

This is my daily driver with the weekends reserved for light off-roading/camping/adventuring.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

I'd start with a good set of rock sliders. Tacomas are long and rockers are easy to damage. Plus if you don't have the side steps already you can say it's to make it easier for your wife to get in the truck.

:lol: Similar goals. Not looking to overbuild it by means like you saw in my thread.

My game plan was/is:
Rack <check> for our paddle boards and what not.
Softtopper since like you we get winter.
Sliders! Yes! Like I mentioned I went with MetalTech; known Mark for sometime and solid products and somewhat local to us.

Lift? Tires? I dunno. I actually like the suspension thus far. So we will probably wait awhile if even.

We are planning in the future to move from OR to FLl; so some of things I would do if staying here are lower priority I guess.

Oh! and this thread is worthless without pics! :flipoff2:

I honestly < regrettably > spent some time over on tacoworld and can 90% of the crap just doesn't even appeal to me in any way as far as mods.

Time will change but right now enjoy the truck pretty much as is.

Thanks! I did buy my tonneau cover before I got the truck..lol and I added an UpTop roof rack since those guys are local and good peeps. As you mentioned, here are a few pics…

48E98555-3297-4A57-8EFD-7ED8593EC5D6.jpeg

AB21427C-58BB-4BE4-B84D-11A4EB8AD67C.jpeg

71704F2B-47D9-42FB-A20A-6F03C0E2C2FA.jpeg

1. Welcome!
2. You will never not upset the wife when you have "without upsetting the wife" in the sentence.
3. You will still upset the wife regardless of what you say or do. So just do it and apologize later. (My wife is PISSED all the time but she never complains about driving a Land Cruiser.)
4. Your truck looks nice!
5. I would recommend on-board air. Having the ability air up and down is important and will save your a$$.
6. Listen to iptman about sliders.

@Taco Loco , and if you just explain that all of the improvements are for safety, you might not upset the wife as much. It works with my wife. Such as "honey I need bigger tires and suspension so I don't get hung up on rocks or rip my gas tank wide open in the middle of nowhere", and "I need an off-road steel bumper so that I can get pulled out of sticky situations." You get the picture. ;) Or, as @StinkyPig says... Do it and beg for forgiveness later, and definitely get onboard air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom