New t the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Peeps,
first time noob here. I have an FJ40 that i am going to start fixing up. The title says its a 1977 but i think its a 1978. Will be posting picts as i move forward :) Wish me luck

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 1.49.52 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 1.50.06 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 1.50.22 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 1.50.37 PM.jpg

It should tell you right here:
1593118585372.png

According to SOR it is 7/78.

Well, you do know enough to call it an FJ40 and not just "FJ". Thank you for that.
Yours looks to be partially desmogged, do you have to pass a smog check in order to register it? What are your plans for it?
Welcome :)flipoff2:) and good luck.

Well, you do know enough to call it an FJ40 and not just "FJ". Thank you for that.
Yours looks to be partially desmogged, do you have to pass a smog check in order to register it? What are your plans for it?
Welcome :)flipoff2:) and good luck.
Well the plates are good til 2050 in ohio But moved to Arizona and yes, have to take it to an emissions test so i can drive it around on roads. Not sure what i can do to help with the smog check. any ideas?

Noob, on the plus side you have very righteous leaf spring assemblies, very good arch, anti-friction pads, just need to disassembled them, paint each leaf completely, reassemble- - -enjoy !!!!

Is there another data plate on the A pillar, on the drivers side. It’s visible when you open the door and look where the hinges attach to the body. Usually this data plate gives the build date as well as other info.

Noob, on the plus side you have very righteous leaf spring assemblies, very good arch, anti-friction pads, just need to disassembled them, paint each leaf completely, reassemble- - -enjoy !!!!
I will definitely do that- thank you

Is there another data plate on the A pillar, on the drivers side. It’s visible when you open the door and look where the hinges attach to the body. Usually this data plate gives the build date as well as other info.
i will check and post a picture if i find it (working on setting up a youtube page to document before i start)

just need to disassembled them, paint each leaf completely in different, bright, primary colors, reassemble to look like an inverted rainbow- - -enjoy !!!!

FIFY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom