New Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2000 LandCruiser. It’s stock right now, with 300,000 miles (I’ve only changed out the rear shocks once, and the front shocks are original OEM - so I’ve gotten my money’s worth.)
It’s my daily driver, but I hit the trail twice per month. No rock crawling, but some 4WD trails.
I have an ARB bull bar on the front and no aftermarket rear bumper.
I’m leaning toward OME - torsion bars, medium load springs and shocks for the rear and the stiffer (60001) shocks up front because of the bull bar.
Anybody have any other suggestions or words of caution???

TorsioN bars should help with bull bar.
Get the same shocks all the way around. Folks here like the oem shocks for 40$ for their competency. 2865 springs won’t give you a bunch of lift.

I’m leaning toward OME - torsion bars, medium load springs and shocks for the rear and the stiffer (60001) shocks up front because of the bull bar.
Anybody have any other suggestions or words of caution???

As someone that has a full OME medium kit, on a 2000 LC, with an ARB front bumper, 10K winch, sliders and factory rear bumper. The OME springs and torsion bars are fine, but in my opinion the OME 60000/60002 shocks are too stiff, I wouldn't touch the stiffer 60001 shocks with a 10 foot pole.

My 2 other 100 series have Tough Dog kits from @TRAIL TAILOR , that I much prefer.

As someone that has a full OME medium kit, on a 2000 LC, with an ARB front bumper, 10K winch, sliders and factory rear bumper. The OME springs and torsion bars are fine, but in my opinion the OME 60000/60002 shocks are too stiff, I wouldn't touch the stiffer 60001 shocks with a 10 foot pole.

My 2 other 100 series have Tough Dog kits from @TRAIL TAILOR , that I much prefer.
Get the same shocks all the way around. Folks here like the oem shocks for 40$ for their competency. 2865 springs won’t give you a bunch of lift.
Wouldn’t mind just getting it back to stock height. Pretty sure it’s sagging, even though I cranked the current (original) T bars.

Wouldn’t mind just getting it back to stock height. Pretty sure it’s sagging, even though I cranked the current (original) T bars.
Yeah makes sense, may just want to get new oem coils

With my bumper and winch I think the OME shocks were well matched, particularly when cornering at highway speeds. I found that stock shocks didn't provide enough dampening or stability for the added weight and height. Alternatively, if you have a stock vehicle, the OME shocks aren't going to be right for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Went with a pkg from Cruiser Outfitters. OME torsion & rear coils, plus new OEM shocks all around. Pretty decent deal - and it’s tough to find the OME stuff in stock right now. Can’t wait to install...

Thanks for the advice. Went with a pkg from Cruiser Outfitters. OME torsion & rear coils, plus new OEM shocks all around. Pretty decent deal - and it’s tough to find the OME stuff in stock right now. Can’t wait to install...

You have any before and after pics?

You have any before and after pics?
Yes!

CruiserBefore2.jpeg
CruiserAfter2.jpeg

My thinking is that the shocks should match the combined weight of the tire and wheel more than the weight of the whole rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom