New Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
thought that I'd add some pictures of the work in progress
I bought her stock in December and so far, I've added:
  OME (850J/863)
  285 MTRs
  Slee front bumper
  Warn 12,000
  Slee Sliders
  Slee rear bumper with tire carrier
  MAF SS Brake Lines
  Headlight harness upgrade
  Hand throttle
  CDL switch
  Milford cargo barrier
  Speedometer correction gear
  And the all important ih8mud.com sticker (not yet pictured)

Next month (after it gets new breather lines and a battery) it is going on it's maiden off road trip.  I figured I'd break her in gently by showing up some Rovers on an Appalachian Ovarland Adventure trip.
Thank you guys for all you help and advice.
CJ
LinkPhoto

LinkPhoto

Curran,

Man, you've been BUSY and I love that front bumper ;)

Take a look at Keep's white 80. He has done great things with his flares but he picked the ARB over the Slee front bumper. :(

-B-
(I *love* white trucks!)

Looking good Curran,

I'll probably be seeing on you the AOA trip... I enjoyed the Winter one so much I'm planning on heading back in May.

Geez -B-... the way you say it you make it sound like I bought a Rover or a Heep. I'm quite happy with my ARB. Anyhow here's the flares mentioned...
flares1.jpg

Keep,your truck looks great with those contrasting flares..excellent job..
Curran,your white truck looks killer too!!!!
can we say "go white trucks" yea!!!(mine is white too!!)

doug

I bet if I stripped it down far enough Psycho would have a coat of white on under there...

:D

Keep,
Your flares look awesome. So do your tires. what size are they?
I've been thinking about LineX my flares (plus lower rocker pannles, the outriggers on my sliders and the top of the slee bumper ;))
It's good to know that there will be some enlightened company on the AOA trip.

Keep,
Nahhh, fitting an ARB isn't like buying a heep and I fully understand your reasons. The frontal protection offered by the ARB is important to many people and their front bar is time and trail tested. I was just pokin fun at you. :G
-B-

If and when you spray your flares, remove the gaskets and get a new set from Toyota so that the flare is fully covered.

Looking closely at mine they are a bit "ghetto."

Oh well, she's my beater and I still love her.

Curran, the tires are 35"s. The rockers are a good idea... I hadn't considered that.

And I second Rogue on the gaskets. The bedliner doesn't stick to them, so I just ripped mine off. While its looks fine, I tend to get a lot more crap inside the flares now. Takes some extra time to spray it all out, particularly after playing in the mud.

Nice, however, I'd add about 5 snatch blocks to the recovery gear so that you can make a 10:1 system for the Warn 1,200... ATV model? &nbsp:Does it have 200 feet of cable?

-H-

Just jokin' with ya'... :banana: Nice rig. Love the Slee rear bumper!

:beer:

Whoops! Time to edit. :stupid:

Nice 80! :) With all those mods you must be near broke! :D

Naw, I just sold my F250 Powerstroke to cover the mods. I will miss that 7.3L turbodiesel :'(
I enjoy the 80 much more.

I enjoy the 80 much more.
There you go! Spoken like a real cruiserhead!!

Nice looking truck Curran.

I have the same spring/tire combo and it seems to work well with hardly any rubbing. I am running the L shocks though and have not lowered the bumpstops yet. That is an upcoming project along with all the others.

I love white cruisers

Thought I would post a pic of another white 80.

OME 850J 863J
1.5" slee front spacers (no vibrations) (not in pic)
10MM spring packers front
ARB with Warn 10000
4+plus rear bumper/tire carrier
315/75/16 MTR's
custom exhaust (moved the cats up out of the way)
slee skid plate
dual batteries (factory setup)

Bjowett,
I fully admire your courage to put that engine in an 80. &nbsp:Did I read that right... 7.9L? Is that gonna fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom