New steering Ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a quick question I thought I would run by you guys, and to get some of your ideas as well...
Why wouldn't we be able to run steering from a newer toyota, like a taco or an 80? The complete steering system, not just a couple parts. I have been looking at different options of power steering and would just like to get some different input. Also, any of you guys do anything out of the norm of Saginaw/scout boxes?

you can. Tilt columns from different american cars are very popular. Theres even companies that sell tilt steering colums that are pretty trick. You could probably run one from a Taco or other new Toyota, but keep in mind the air bag. You would probably want to get a different steering wheel.
I have a mid 80's camero/ firebird tilt column in mine with a grant steering wheel. Cost me $35 from Pick n' Pull and is pretty nice actually. Looks stock for the LC. I think the Taco one might look weird in the Cruiser cause it gets more square in shape, whereas the chevy ones are round...

-Dustin

doh, right. I missed the "Whole thing" part... I wouldnt run the rest of the taco steering. rack and pinion would most likely end up as a complete junk installation on your rig. I havent attempted it myself, but have seen some comedy pics of peoples rigs who have. Stick to the scout, saginaw, minitruck, and stock Cruiser powersteering hydraulic parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom