New Springs

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
I wanted to replace the softride 4" on the rear of my 40 with something that could carry more load. I submitted my info to Alcan by email, then got a follow up call by the owner before they started the build to confirm weights, use etc. The guy even wanted to chat about Fj40's and knew them well. I got the springs yesterday, a few days earlier than expected, complete with bushings and U-bolts. The spring packs I got have 8 leaves, military wraps and those teflon disks to decrease friction during spring flex. I was very impressed by the whole experience. The springs are about the same price as OME springs at $190 each including the bushings. At any rate, I thought I would relate my experience in case anyone else is buying a new suspension. For the same $$ as OME you can go custom and spec lift, flex etc. I could even spec a bit more lift on the driver side to eliminate the Land Cruiser lean. I will use them again for springs when my 60 goes SOA next year. I'd be curious if anyone has longer term experience-like after a few wheeling seasons. My year old softrides will be for sale shortly in the for sale section.

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
If you mean were the edges of the individual leaves tapered, then yes they were. Now I need to buy some new anti-inversion shackles, and greasable pins.

devo

SILVER Star
Glad to hear you have had a good Alcan experience. I'm buying 4" springs for my 60 and I'm concidering Alcan or BTB.
Any info on someones long term experience with these springs would be nice.
devo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom