New springs question?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by BigSur, Feb 29, 2004.

1. BigSur

BigSur

OK, after long thinking and checking with the boss (wife) i have decided to put new springs on the 60 to bring it back to an original height. PLus with a 3" lift i wouldn't be able to park the truck into the parking garage at work. I know this is a dump way to look at it but down here in TX we have 100 degree days in the summer and climbing into a smoldering truck that has been sitting in the sun all afternoon that is not fun!! If i ever want to put a small 1" lift i can always add shackles.

So my question is where can i get springs to bring her back to normal? Can i get OEM springs from Toyota or somewhere on the web? What would be my other options?

thanks,
    Jason

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    Check with CCOT (Cool Cruisers) - I believe they have stock-height replacements and wngrog LOVES his on his SOA 40 front....

3. mpetersrx7

mpetersrx7

4. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    You CAN get OEM leaf springs from SOR. Probably special order and prohibitively expensive, to me anyway. Something like $500 per spring, new.

CCOT springs are fine IMHO, but they are a little narrower than OEM. So account for that when you mount them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.