New Splitcase adapter kit option from Axis Industries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GM version ZF6 out of a Duramax or 8.1 truck bolts right to a LS using the 6.0 clutch and flywheel. Good luck finding one.
Yeah it's the other end that needs a solution. Believe it or not I've seen more Duramax or 8.1 trucks with ZF6's than I have 6.0/NV4500 truck, but yeah none are what anyone would call common. I want to say the ZF6/4L80/A1000 all used the same T case, we already have an off the shelf adapter and spud shaft available for the 4l80 from AA.. hmm..

Yeah it's the other end that needs a solution. Believe it or not I've seen more Duramax or 8.1 trucks with ZF6's than I have 6.0/NV4500 truck, but yeah none are what anyone would call common. I want to say the ZF6/4L80/A1000 all used the same T case, we already have an off the shelf adapter and spud shaft available for the 4l80 from AA.. hmm..

Now THAT would require tunnel/firewall mods or a significant body lift. ZF6 doesn't have so much as of a bellhousing, more like a cylinder housing !

Cool info. Axis probably has the ability to make this work on quite a few more transmissions. Another option for sm465s or any of the gm auto transmissions would be great.

I'd love to have a zf6 in moonshine. I have one in my tow rig and love it. Not possible to put in a cruiser without significant trans tunnel mods. It's the largest transmission I've ever seen outside of MDT trucks.

I'd love to have a zf6 in moonshine. I have one in my tow rig and love it. Not possible to put in a cruiser without significant trans tunnel mods. It's the largest transmission I've ever seen outside of MDT trucks.

I think it's the largest manual transmission you can get in a "light duty" class vehicle

I think it's the largest manual transmission you can get in a "light duty" class vehicle

Probably the largest trans in that class period. Seems to be about the same, if not larger than, an allison 1000 seeies

So with this adapter for the split case and a GM bell housing adapter could I put an NV3550-split case behind my 1F bell housing like you would an SM420/465?
kit_gmax15.jpg

So with this adapter for the split case and a GM bell housing adapter could I put an NV3550-split case behind my 1F bell housing like you would an SM420/465?

yes I think that should work. You’ll need the 10.5” chevy clutch disc and figure something out for a pilot bearing.
i did this with an NV4500 in 2016.

I was just thinking today it might be interesting to do an unconventional build with something like a Toyota A25A-FKS to get the most fuel-efficient cruiser possible. But I shelved the idea because you'd need a good 8 speed auto to make it livable. Then this thread gets resurrected today with exactly the adapter you'd need to make this happen.

Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom