New Speakers into '99 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Addis Ababa Past: Seattle, Windhoek, Dar es Salaam
Just replaced all for door speakers with JBL 621F coaxial units. Using the metra 82-8148 speaker adaptors and metra 72-8104 wiring adaptors it was a no cut no drill process. 1/2 banana if that once you get the door cards off (which is super easy given all the step by step instructions you can find here and elsewhere). I just disconnected the old tweeters and left them in place and connected and mounted the new coaxes. I'd say it took about 20 minutes a door.

Things to note. My '99 has the base CD/Tape/Radio (no multidisk) the factory speakers were 4 ohm/25 watt not 2 ohm like many find in later 100 series trucks. This makes it much easier to match with common, relatively decent but inexpensive speakers.

Just replaced all for door speakers with JBL 621F coaxial units. Using the metra 82-8148 speaker adaptors and metra 72-8104 wiring adaptors it was a no cut no drill process. 1/2 banana if that once you get the door cards off (which is super easy given all the step by step instructions you can find here and elsewhere). I just disconnected the old tweeters and left them in place and connected and mounted the new coaxes. I'd say it took about 20 minutes a door.

Things to note. My '99 has the base CD/Tape/Radio (no multidisk) the factory speakers were 4 ohm/25 watt not 2 ohm like many find in later 100 series trucks. This makes it much easier to match with common, relatively decent but inexpensive speakers.
Yup... This is on my list of "fun" items once all this COVID garbage is done with. Planning on doing HERTZ speakers myself (gonna stick some Italian heritage in there), deck will likely be a JOYING Auto Android unit as I have had good luck with them in the past, though a drop ship from China product so we will see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom