New Shoes for the Pig... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll make this tech related- how to stuff 37's under a pig.... So I just ordered 37" MT'R's. I should have them in the next couple of days, so I'll post pics when I get them. It was on 35's, but the price difference between 35's and 37's was so minimal. So I'm going to have to do a slight body lift (custom- that's what Don Brannon did with his pig + 37's). Any other advice on ways of lifting a FJ55 a couple of inches?

I can already smell the fresh rubber. :D

I would SOA that pig and run 2.5" springs instead of flat stock springs.

Don't mean to pirate your thread just a quick question please: Where did you get your 37" MTR? I got tired of waiting for the 37" so I got a set of 35" MTR instead, they look small with my SOA, fawk...

/td

Walmart. I got the last 4 tires out of their Victorville, CA warehouse... I tried to find the tires, and only BigO and Walmart had them. And walmart was $150 cheaper :)

Just a quick question, how are you going to fit 37"'s if your not sprung over? A lot of trimming I assume. I just ordered some custom body lift blocks and mounts for my 69 fj55, I'll post how they fit. Rumor has it that 1st gen 4 runner body lift stuff is the same diameter. The hardware is also the same. Damn walmart, and damn that victorville. I almost thought there was another pig near me for a second.

I am already sprung over... That's how I can fit the 35's.

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~bzipp/pig/dsc00132.jpg

I have also heard that a blazer lift kit works (same number of pieces?). I think I am just going to make myself a custom body lift. I've always laughed at the idea of a hockey puck lift, but who knows... I've heard of using boat rollers also. We'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom