New Shoes...Boots... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
Hey Guys and Gals -

Well, I finally bit the bullet and got some new tires for the truck. I have been debating on going to 315's...and I felt I needed a tire with a little more bite than the BFGs...so, why not kill two birds with one stone.

I will tell you that there is no possible way that I am going to anything bigger than a 315. I can barely get into the sucker now...but, I am blaming that on the crutches.

I did a lot of research and ended up going with the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar (Load Range D). I am really happy with the tires...they took very little weight to balance and ride superbly. I put them on Tuesday and I have only put on about 200 miles since...all on-road...and thus far no complaints.

Well, enough...on to the pictures:

4544340239_3f28dfb8a9_b.jpg

4544339747_7eb9611099_b.jpg

4544970806_88dcefd611_b.jpg

4544339021_aa084c220f_b.jpg

4544970262_6cbb44e51d_b.jpg

4544969982_1cdc9a9e27_b.jpg

4544338219_226f5ea02a_b.jpg

4544337865_8ae995be98_b.jpg

The two rascals that put me in a wheelchair...and now on crutches...

4544968190_fc2e06baeb_b.jpg

Next on the list installation of the ARB fridge and the ARB air lockers...and a re-gear to 4.88...

Cheers.

- Mark

Those are the kind of shoes/boots that will last the longhaul. That is a nice setup.

Cam -

I think they did a re-design last year...they came out towards the middle of 09 (approximate). They used the supercomputers at Sandia National Labs to test different tread designs and compositions. Having lived on Kirtland AFB for awhile...I checked the legitimacy of this claim with my contacts there...and it is no BS. So, I figured...if I am going to buy tires...I might as well get the ones with the most "science" behind them. All the real-world reviews have also been very positive...so, I figured I would give it a shot.

So far...awesome...and really quiet for such an aggressive tire.

- Mark

I am up for it...just have to wait on clearance from the doc. Albeit my PT said today that I am making "exceptional" progress.

Cheers.

- Mark

Those look evil...

Ask Chris how long they will last... I have taken several beatings for how old the MT-Rs on my rig are (almost 8 years). I say screw em'. I like your style there Mark!

Later,

Nice! Whole truck is nice. Please don't wheel it.

Can BillRiiiley shoot at them?

Looking at them pics... Bill Riiiiley ain't the onliest one preparing to shoot

Yeah, Mr. Bojangles needs to put his lipstick away.

Like that didn't happen to you the first time you saw Bodean's MTR's...

NICE!!! Wish I could get some new shoes... If ya'll go riding around M town let me know.

We will...you will have to make that long trip North.

Nice! Whole truck is nice. Please don't wheel it.

Looking at them pics... Bill Riiiiley ain't the onliest one preparing to shoot

Too late...I wheel the heck out of it. Too bad the poor boys are "fixed"...they're only shooting blanks at this point.

Yeah, Mr. Bojangles needs to put his lipstick away.

Can't blame the dog for being excited.

Mark, Your truck is first class. Those boot were made for kicking ass.

Thanks Mike...appreciate it. When are we getting together?

Like that didn't happen to you the first time you saw Bodean's MTR's...

It still happens every time...I am sure.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I can't wait to see everyone on the 15th of May and get out to the Ramble in June.

Cheers.

- Mark

Nice. you won't regret going to a 315. the perfect tire for an 80. You will will be the first person i know of that has a set of the new designed MTRs. How much noise do they make on the rode?