New Shocks - what a difference!

Well - the new Doetsch Tech 8000's came today - I love this 40 - so simple to work on ...

Just back from the test ride - it rode like a brick on dirt roads before...but now is smooth and firm. I am pleased with the $37.00 a shock - Summit!

Three outa four shocks that i took off were completly blown - so - I am a happy camper -

The Doetsch Tech are really beefy shocks - I plan on replacing the OME shocks on the 60 next - they are blown and bouncy!

I just put new Toyota shocks on the front of mine, along with new tires, and feel like I'm in a new truck. (Well, new bushings, too) - I want to do the rear shocks next, but they that that stupid coil spring on them, and I'm afraid I'll be dragging ass if I pull them...not ready to redo the leaf springs yet.

Amazing what a difference it can make, isn't it?

(BTW, when are you going to get off of your lazy ass and fix that axle seal, Jeff? 40s are cool and everything, but we all know that the 60 is where it's at! :grinpimp: )

swank60 said:
I just put new Toyota shocks on the front of mine, along with new tires, and feel like I'm in a new truck. (Well, new bushings, too) - I want to do the rear shocks next, but they that that stupid coil spring on them, and I'm afraid I'll be dragging ass if I pull them...not ready to redo the leaf springs yet.

Amazing what a difference it can make, isn't it?

(BTW, when are you going to get off of your lazy ass and fix that axle seal, Jeff? 40s are cool and everything, but we all know that the 60 is where it's at! :grinpimp: )
You are so right -

I work on the 40 all the time - it is fun and simple!

I took more of the 60 apart today - First I need to pick up some new calipers from an 87 Monte Carlo TSM for $100 - then need to get brave a tear down the rear diff - I have to say that I am really hesitant ...... just need to go for it - and get the wife in a bikini to hold parts.....

PabloCruise

SILVER Star

swank60 said:
Swank, you need to change your sig line to The perfect blend of art fag, redneck, and dirty old man...

You just want that tech article w/ Jeff's with replacing the shaft seal in a bikini!!!

<Ooops, I just got grease on my bikini! What should I do Swank, what should I do?>

PabloCruise

SILVER Star

Jeff, did you get the size right?

I got mine in yesterday, but I think I fuq'd up my rear size by not using the proper trigonometry skillz...

Might need to exchange - dammit!

Glad to know you like 'em!

PabloCruise said:
Jeff, did you get the size right?

I got mine in yesterday, but I think I fuq'd up my rear size by not using the proper trigonometry skillz...

Might need to exchange - dammit!

Glad to know you like 'em!
Love em!

The front have about four inches of collapse...I wanted a bit more.

The rear are perfect -

Gotta go out and put the stickers on em -

Thanks for the "soak em in lube" hint - they came right off - the neighbor girl and her baby thought it cool to come over and watch - her husband is away....and she was lonely. Thank God I was covered in grease...

Top Bottom