New Shocks on 2013 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figure 8 tests suspension's quick transition......so it is very much a Moose test and then some! It is NOT a slalom test.

In fact, due to LX 21" / 22" rims, LX actually can pull SLIGHTLY better around a circle (aka "G's") than LC on 18" rims in all the tests that I have seen.

So, despite advantages of LX in pulling more G's, LC beats it in Figure 8. Why?

Remember, AHC is reactive. KDSS is pro-active. AHC has many sensors but it still cannot see the road ahead. It has to wait for things to happen before it can respond.

Adjustable is one thing...but adjusting has compromises as I discussed above.
This tired argument again?

For one thing, in terms of dynamic changes during high speed maneuvering KDSS is easily matched by the cross linking in AHC. The only advantage KDSS brings is the ability to “disconnect” the swaybars during low speed maneuvers. Also.. maybe it should be pointed out that just because a computer isn’t involved doesn’t make KDSS “proactive”. It still only reacts to the physics working on the system. I guess the 300s E-KDSS must be a huge step backwards since it will be fully reactive now..

Until my LX is doing Mach speeds, I think a computer is fast enough to make changes. Not to mention the changes being made are between what is essentially a normal 200 to a better handling 200.

The best thing about all this is how this conversation started with you demonstrating how little you understand AHC and then making arguments about how it works. I guess that’s our own fault for getting trolled

It’s the cookies and espresso machine in the Lexus dealer too, can’t forget that. Not that I would know . . .

Lol, mine has cheez its, sun chips, la croix, mini cookies, a coffee machine and bottles of juice, along with water and fruit. And im their best customer lolol

Ill grab a $1 body clip, and quench my thirst too. And a snack for the road home haha

This tired argument again?

For one thing, in terms of dynamic changes during high speed maneuvering KDSS is easily matched by the cross linking in AHC. The only advantage KDSS brings is the ability to “disconnect” the swaybars during low speed maneuvers. Also.. maybe it should be pointed out that just because a computer isn’t involved doesn’t make KDSS “proactive”. It still only reacts to the physics working on the system. I guess the 300s E-KDSS must be a huge step backwards since it will be fully reactive now..

Until my LX is doing Mach speeds, I think a computer is fast enough to make changes. Not to mention the changes being made are between what is essentially a normal 200 to a better handling 200.

The best thing about all this is how this conversation started with you demonstrating how little you understand AHC and then making arguments about how it works. I guess that’s our own fault for getting trolled
LC KDSS anti-roll bars are much thicker than LX. THAT is what makes it proactive in quick transitions. It has nothing to do with computers. I don't know too much about LC300 E-KDSS. But I would bet that the anti-roll bars are thick as well.

LX relies on both the thin anti-roll bars and AHC around corners.

It is not about Mach speeds. It is about quick transitions and handling. Speed has nothing to do with it. Not sure where you came up with that.

Say what you want. I love my LX. AHC is a great system, perhaps misunderstood. I haven't been a fan of Lexus lately though. They seem to be suffering an identity crisis.

Say what you want. I love my LX. AHC is a great system, perhaps misunderstood. I haven't been a fan of Lexus lately though. They seem to be suffering an identity crisis.

Tangent but its the whole of Toyota. Theyve painted themselves into a corner and have to reinvent their entire company. Ive said the above many times over the last few years and its all manifested into reality. Funny enough the lexus head is being appointed to lead the entire company umbrella. Not sure what that means but at least he is not 80 years old.

345,000 miles and rolling on original springs, shocks, and globes. One AHC change. 35’s. Good ride, not great. Probably replace suspension and it’ll ride like a caddy. I’ll eventually get around to it.

Guess I should also add I have a 2000 LX470 with 300,000. All original.

Last edited:
There was a guy on here last week with 250k miles on LC…still on ORIGINAL shocks and springs.

It happens. Not a norm.

Last edited:
Meh. If you don’t like AHC, don’t buy it. To each their own.

I personally love my truck. I’m rolling up on 150k with all original suspension except the uprated rear springs. I love getting my ass kicked around on the trail and then cruising home like a towncar. It drives my wife crazy because every trip, as soon as we get on the highway home after a crazy trail, I look at her and say - “can you believe we just did that and can drive home like this ;)

Meh. If you don’t like AHC, don’t buy it. To each their own.

I personally love my truck. I’m rolling up on 150k with all original suspension except the uprated rear springs. I love getting my ass kicked around on the trail and then cruising home like a towncar. It drives my wife crazy because every trip, as soon as we get on the highway home after a crazy trail, I look at her and say - “can you believe we just did that and can drive home like this ;)
And LC KDSS owners can’t say the same thing? Or any premium SUV with a Low range?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom