new set up... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i have had this new set up for about a month now and thought i would post some pics. nothing to exciting. the springs are the 6 inch smor/f65 (?) from slee. .they are set up with 2 inch spacers up front and none in the rear. corners and rear frame got hacked over the holidays in prep for new protection and bumper/tire carier. tires are 37x12.5x17 on procomp exteme alloys 17x9. so far the springs seem to be more stable and clear 37s great. i am undecieded on exactly what i will use for control arms but know i will go the custom route with some type of a long arm that uses a johnny joint instead of a bushing at the frame end. i have wheel spacers that also need to go on (1 1/2 inch).......still woking on swaybars. still need to address the shock placement/bumpstop issues. wheeled alittle bit with the set up and am going to go forward with it but still may go back to Js and more spacers. i am sure i forgot something but here are pics.....hopefully.

Lookin mo better J.

Nice Job, now just see it you can keep it tire side down! :flipoff2:

Some guy I know actually saw your rig yesterday and was commenting on it today...knew it had to be yours.

excluding the fact that it's fugly white :flipoff2: :D :D, it looks sweet.

All pics are on the street though :(, post some wheeling pics. :D

What made you go with the 17" vs sticking with 16" rim/tire wise?

So your lift is 6" spring lift + 2" spacer lift in the front? 8" front and 6" rear?

How does it feel cornering - yes, I know it starts to lose daily driverness at that point, but just curious.

At some point, are you going to move the rear upper shock mounts and go with longer shocks?

Keep us posted, looks great. :cheers:

went with 17s becuase i found those tires for a great price (used) and the rims for a great price (used)....also the tire rim combo drives great. i drive this going 75-80 all the time. the rims (although quite bling) are really high quality. this is what TR uses for bead locked 17s. wheeling pics should be up as soon as cruiseroutfitters gets on .....got a few today........i have more lift in the front for now. may change. i really think with a winch on (next week) and a tire carrier on ( plus 37 inch spare) it will be close to level. cornering is maybe a little worse than with Js and with no one in but i had 7 guys in it last night and it rode like a caddy. its not my DD. shock mounts will be re-worked front and rear. FWIW i had alot if vibration issues with the previous set up and tried everything to get it down. after going to the SSRs and paying a highly reputable shop to do a great mount and balance i have very little to no vibrations at highway speeds. i personally think that alot of vibrations issues come from lazy shops doing a half ass job mounting large (35 inch or larger) tires. just my .02.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=10292;start=msg91908#msg91908 date=1074485356]All pics are on the street though :(, post some wheeling pics. :D

[/quote]

Ya, I thought I heard you went wheelin' today? :-* I see ya got the pics to work. Jared, I'm definitely lovin' your rig dude. And Junk, dude, that sucker rides SWEET. A little rougher than a stock 80 of course, but I was lovin' the way it rode from a passenger point of view (even when we were rallyin' it a bit :eek: )

-Ferg-

That looks nice sickboy. Down in Provo much? I want to see that thing.

Looks cool! Too bad you are far away or you could play with the tube bender for the rear protection. I am planning on the trimming of the rear quarterpanels myself and building some rear sliders. Keep us posted on how the springs work for you.
Later, Jeff

Sickboy, well I will say that truck looks sick, in a good way.

Definitely post more pics when you can, or if you need help hosting them, you can email them to me and I'll put them up in a folder for you.

Looks great.

Let me know if you deside to sell the J's springs... I assume from your sig that you were running them before the SOF5FM's??

Thanks
John with a 80 that is way toooo low (stock)

Nice I'm certain , but I'm always dissappointed with my inability to really appreciate the size of a rig from photos posted . Some things really need to be seen up close and personal I guess ... 8\/

Tyler

PS : Snap a shot next to a non-J'd 80 ... or a Rav4 *L*

[quote author=lagwagon link=board=2;threadid=10292;start=msg91939#msg91939 date=1074487295]
Looks cool! Too bad you are far away or you could play with the tube bender for the rear protection. I am planning on the trimming of the rear quarterpanels myself and building some rear sliders. Keep us posted on how the springs work for you.
Later, Jeff
[/quote]by the way .........thanks for the mirror and light. great hook up! :beer: on me if we ever cross paths. Also anyone wondering what i am doing with the old (by old i mean 4 months) J springs, i am keeping them incase i dont like the way this set up turns out. so..................SORRY!

Pretty sweet man!

Get it off-road and let us know how that suspension works.

[quote author=Poser link=board=2;threadid=10292;start=msg92558#msg92558 date=1074574257]
Pretty sweet man!

Get it off-road and let us know how that suspension works.

[/quote]i have had it out a few times but only got pics this once. the pics are compliments of kurt from cruiseroutfitters. these are the only 2 pics that turned out good. i didnt get to do the other trails because of some breakage.(ie; front panhard.....any one else break on of these :eek:) ......... the 37s stuffed great. the added clearance of the spring tire combo is huge. i have done this trail before with 35s and Js and so i have something to compare it to. still need to address all the issues stated before but should turn out great. ....enjoy.

nutha. same stuff. the first is the only real flexy one. the DS rear tire is off the ground about 4 inches in the previous pic and totolly stuffed on the other side. i think shocks/bumpstops and lose or faB somthing for the sway bars and it will drop.

Wow!! Looks sweet!!! 80's rock!!!!

Sick - was that a factory panhard that snapped? With my medical issues, I didn't get a chance to beat on mine too hard after I swapped mine out, so I'm curious. PM me if you want. Thanks.

the panhard actually broke where a slee joint had been welded in. it was probably user failure but i was a little surprised that it bent that easily. here is a pic of the break. it broke right wher the threaded protion of the joint was. I have my rig at a shop right now doing custom front long control arms and a new panhard bar. the first is us (cuiseroutfitters, theferg, mixmaster, and i) trying to bend it back using the hitch hole in thefergs SOA 60. second is the damage. .........

secon pic......BTW. i dont think there is any thing wrong with slee stuff everyone can chill out before i hear anything about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom